P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

The OP was spot on.

I feel sorry for young lads of 15 or 16 who are City mad these days, sure they get to watch superstars playing brilliant football but what they don't get is the wonderful feeling of togetherness and fun that old style unsanitised atmospheres brought us.

I'm afraid those days are gone forever

Santiago Street said:
The OP was spot on.

I feel sorry for young lads of 15 or 16 who are City mad these days, sure they get to watch superstars playing brilliant football but what they don't get is the wonderful feeling of togetherness and fun that old style unsanitised atmospheres brought us.

I'm afraid those days are gone forever

I have to disagree! WE have allowed is to happen, because no matter how much shit we put with we still turn up week in week out!!! I went to watch Rangers v Hibs last year a normal game in the SPL and the atmosphere was electric and it did feel and bring back memories of how it was at Maine Road

even in the pubs befroe the game they were all singing like it was at the Clarence and Shearwood!

City need to half the price of tickets build a bigger stadium and the atmosphere would be electric.

It's far too expensive for the average fan.

40% of kids live in houses where the annual income in less than £25000

It costs of a £1000 a season for a family at City.

It's too expensive for a large percentage of people.

In 1981 we had 48000 at the League Cup Semi Final with Liverpool only 36000 this week.

Why because the tickets were £35 this week. The cost was never an issue until we built all seater stadiums and the Premier League.

Come on City lead the way and make football affordable for the average family in Manchester not just the ones with parents with good incomes.

Live Football for all.

danburge82 said:
Gingers Dad said:
There is no correlation between "Match Day Experience" and atmosphere. In fact atmosphere has nothing to do with the stadium, singing sections, Hugh Ferris, standing, giant hot dogs, family stands, Natalie Pike, ticket prices, City Square, half time fun games, big screen highlights or Fanzone Danny. It's about the fans.
I sit in the North Stand and you lot in 110, 111 and the South Stand are so much quieter than the away fans it's embarrassing. I always laugh when I read comments on here about moving away fans to the third tier to create a singing section. There is already a singing section and you don't make much noise. The solution to the lack of atmosphere lies with yourselves
The thing is with that (and I agree about how the singing sections are out-noised most of the time, it's the absolute truth!) is that the Singing Section Level 1 holds about 1300 and the South Stand Level 1 holds about 1800. It's not fucking enough. Stockport have more seats aside for vocal fans than that.

For me - and I think about our atmosphere and the set-up of the stadium to obsessive levels and I'm always emailing the club about stuff - I have very recently (last few days) come to the decision that wish City would fuck those posh seats off at the back of 105 and announce that the singing section goes all the way across East Stand Level 1. That would make a huge difference. Instead of that effort of two or three blocks at [109]110/111, we have the whole fucking lot from 101-111.

How many do people think are in ESL1? 5000? That would then put us on a par with vocal sections at Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom etc. It's better, it's a start, but still not anything compared to SheffU, SheffW, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, the Rags... they range from 9000-18000. But at least it would be a bloody start!
It's about fans wanting to sing and for some reason the majority of City fans don't want to sing. Went to WBA and Sunderland over Christmas and New Year and our support was terrible.

The Match Day Experience is just PR work by City to ensure any families with kids (next generation City fans) are kept entertained. I've followed City for 38yrs now and find it embarassing that the club are having to look into ways to get City fans to generate more atmosphere !!! c'mon City fans FFS, take a good look at yourselves and get vocal at the games (positive that is !!!) I can't believe that we are being researched as fans by the club because of the lack of atmosphere and we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE ! ??? UNBELIEVABLE !!! ... Joe Mercer & Big Mal must be turning in their graves ! ... I'll sing when I want which is everytime a chant starts in 111 so come on fellow Blues, sing & get behind the boy's as you don't know how much we might have needed that 12th man come May 13th !!!

p.s. Note to the club - keep the season ticket prices affordable (no big increase!!!) and look after the regular fanbase because until we win trophies on a regular basis, the gloryhunters won't follow so we'll not need increased capacity ! It'll be better to care for what you have already as it's served you well through thin and thin for the last 36 years !

Gingers Dad said:
danburge82 said:
Gingers Dad said:
There is no correlation between "Match Day Experience" and atmosphere. In fact atmosphere has nothing to do with the stadium, singing sections, Hugh Ferris, standing, giant hot dogs, family stands, Natalie Pike, ticket prices, City Square, half time fun games, big screen highlights or Fanzone Danny. It's about the fans.
I sit in the North Stand and you lot in 110, 111 and the South Stand are so much quieter than the away fans it's embarrassing. I always laugh when I read comments on here about moving away fans to the third tier to create a singing section. There is already a singing section and you don't make much noise. The solution to the lack of atmosphere lies with yourselves
The thing is with that (and I agree about how the singing sections are out-noised most of the time, it's the absolute truth!) is that the Singing Section Level 1 holds about 1300 and the South Stand Level 1 holds about 1800. It's not fucking enough. Stockport have more seats aside for vocal fans than that.

For me - and I think about our atmosphere and the set-up of the stadium to obsessive levels and I'm always emailing the club about stuff - I have very recently (last few days) come to the decision that wish City would fuck those posh seats off at the back of 105 and announce that the singing section goes all the way across East Stand Level 1. That would make a huge difference. Instead of that effort of two or three blocks at [109]110/111, we have the whole fucking lot from 101-111.

How many do people think are in ESL1? 5000? That would then put us on a par with vocal sections at Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom etc. It's better, it's a start, but still not anything compared to SheffU, SheffW, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, the Rags... they range from 9000-18000. But at least it would be a bloody start!
It's about fans wanting to sing and for some reason the majority of City fans don't want to sing. Went to WBA and Sunderland over Christmas and New Year and our support was terrible.

Who wasn't hungover on new years day really?

marios stress ball said:
Gingers Dad said:
danburge82 said:

Who wasn't hungover on new years day really?
Sunderand fans had no problem making a noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.