P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

Bluemanc1968 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
This thread is actually embarrasing.... Do people really go to the game for the pre-match entertainment?? I hated the half-time bollocks but have learnt to live with it as I go purely for the football and to watch City not watch pre-game/half-time entertainment so why should I woman about it??

Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike must be reading this thinking what a bunch of twats!!

What the fuck you on about? this thread is not on about pre-match entertainment!

Sorry it was suppose to be a direct quote to fanny fart's rambling email he apparently sent to the club! somereason it failed to quote it though

Been supporting city for 17 years now and was a season ticket holder at Maine Road. The atmosphere has got worse and to be honest all English support is average compared to a lot of the European teams. Look at Lech Poznan, they are consistently loud throughout the game and it's all because they have single fans strategically placed in parts of the stands, they have a massive megaphone and direct people what to sing. This is what is missing and it will probably never be present at premier league clubs because either no one has the bottle to do it, no one will listen to whoever is leading the singing or the stewards will have a go because its against health and safety. Just have a look at this video: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwVi8dSQWk[/youtube] This is at an under 12 tournament! Their support sh*ts on ours! & its all because they have guys at the front directing. Would love to see something happen at Eastland's but pretty sure it won't.
Rant over

Thorpiemcfc said:
marios stress ball said:
This is needed...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhanESeJ7c[/youtube]

could call it the 'Silva Pint', because thats just magic.

A david silva pint would need magic mushrooms in it.

Bluemanc1968 said:
is anyone else as pissed off as me with this so called ''Match Day experience'' ? fucking hate that termanology! I have been going to watch City since I was 11, first with my uncle and dad as a kid like alot on this site, i'm now in my 40's! and I have seen and experienced the mostly downs following my beloved blues, I'm season ticket holder and have been for nearly 20 years and I have got to say some of the football I have recently witnessed has been the best I ever seen as a City Fan, so why am I not enjoying going to the match!!!

I spoke with a few mates last night who like me have been going most of there lives, I would class us as hard core as we do travel to most away and euro games aswell and they are of the same mind set, this PC football experience thingy is fucking shit and its getting worse! the atmosphere at the etihad this year apart from the odd games has been crap! and yet the crowds attendances have been higher than previous years on average, we are starting to ''only sing when were winning'' 20 of us starting to try and get a few songs going last night and no fucker wanted to know so in the end we gave up, SO WHAT'S WRONG???? the stewards the city ones and showsec are not helping the situation, constantly checking if people are sat or stood in the right seats FFS, even last night one of my mates had a major arguement with one! he was finishing his beer off at half time and was a few mins after the start of second half and instead of going back to his allocated seat he stood in the nearest empty one, which was no big deal as there were a few empty seats around where he was and this twat of a steward was constantly at him to go to his own seat in the end he just fucked off out of the ground and went to the pub!

its embarrassing that the away support are outsinging us in alot match's and thats after most of there teams being on the receiving end of a on the pitch leathering we were playing liverpool last night! not fucking Grimsby Town!!

I personely don't have the answer! it may be that club need to step in do something to help situation I don't know!!!! I LOVE CITY its has been my life for so long! but speaking with like minded blues, if things don't change I can see our so called hard core falling away and probably being replaced with these so called glory hunter fans! who have never seen such days as Macc or stockport on a tue or wed night and are only there to see us with Silverwear! but where will they be if we don't win the trophys????????

Sorry for the long post!!

CTID
There is no correlation between "Match Day Experience" and atmosphere. In fact atmosphere has nothing to do with the stadium, singing sections, Hugh Ferris, standing, giant hot dogs, family stands, Natalie Pike, ticket prices, City Square, half time fun games, big screen highlights or Fanzone Danny. It's about the fans.
I sit in the North Stand and you lot in 110, 111 and the South Stand are so much quieter than the away fans it's embarrassing. I always laugh when I read comments on here about moving away fans to the third tier to create a singing section. There is already a singing section and you don't make much noise. The solution to the lack of atmosphere lies with yourselves

Since moving to the new stadium everything has gone to pc. When we were at Maine Road there was always characters who could make 200 people in the close proximity piss themselves laughing with a comment. There's hardly any characters at the game these days.
As much as we have a good team to watch, the players, apart from Mario seem boring.
The club is moving in a positive direction, and the fans are changing. Even though Maine Road wasnt rocking every week, there was a buzz to the place.
We will win trophies, that I have no doubt, but football stadiums in this day and age are soulless places. I think alot of the problem stems from stewarding and the police treating football fans like 2nd class citizens.

Bluemanc1968 said:
is anyone else as pissed off as me with this so called ''Match Day experience'' ? fucking hate that termanology! I have been going to watch City since I was 11, first with my uncle and dad as a kid like alot on this site, i'm now in my 40's! and I have seen and experienced the mostly downs following my beloved blues, I'm season ticket holder and have been for nearly 20 years and I have got to say some of the football I have recently witnessed has been the best I ever seen as a City Fan, so why am I not enjoying going to the match!!!

I spoke with a few mates last night who like me have been going most of there lives, I would class us as hard core as we do travel to most away and euro games aswell and they are of the same mind set, this PC football experience thingy is fucking shit and its getting worse! the atmosphere at the etihad this year apart from the odd games has been crap! and yet the crowds attendances have been higher than previous years on average, we are starting to ''only sing when were winning'' 20 of us starting to try and get a few songs going last night and no fucker wanted to know so in the end we gave up, SO WHAT'S WRONG???? the stewards the city ones and showsec are not helping the situation, constantly checking if people are sat or stood in the right seats FFS, even last night one of my mates had a major arguement with one! he was finishing his beer off at half time and was a few mins after the start of second half and instead of going back to his allocated seat he stood in the nearest empty one, which was no big deal as there were a few empty seats around where he was and this twat of a steward was constantly at him to go to his own seat in the end he just fucked off out of the ground and went to the pub!

its embarrassing that the away support are outsinging us in alot match's and thats after most of there teams being on the receiving end of a on the pitch leathering we were playing liverpool last night! not fucking Grimsby Town!!

I personely don't have the answer! it may be that club need to step in do something to help situation I don't know!!!! I LOVE CITY its has been my life for so long! but speaking with like minded blues, if things don't change I can see our so called hard core falling away and probably being replaced with these so called glory hunter fans! who have never seen such days as Macc or stockport on a tue or wed night and are only there to see us with Silverwear! but where will they be if we don't win the trophys????????

Sorry for the long post!!

CTID
Too much talking shit and not enough music. At half time against United they cut the shit chat out and just played Joy Division "Transmission", another song (actually can't remember what it was) and The Rolling Stones "Painted Black"; all full versions with no talk at all. That was the best half time we've had for ages, and how simple was it? The Rolling Stones song got me right
up for the second half, don't know why, music is an amazing thing. If Ferris was on the pitch with people who can't kick footballs and Pike was shouting over the tannoy I think I would have been sat down with my head in my hands. But considering we were 3-0 down against the Rags, the music actually got me going and I actually felt we wouldn't capitulate into oblivion like they did at the Swamp. So straight away there I can see a big difference in what is good and what isn't.

One thing that actually annoys me that the teams are read out over the speakers 8-10minutes before kick off and then again when the teams come out right before kick off. This seems like just a small thing, but it's something that does my head in every game.

I reckon it should go:
90mins before ko - as much chat, cheese, notices, information, adverts etc as anyone wants or needs.
The teams are normally announced about 45mins before ko - so read them out then, and about 30mins before ko do it again.
Then in the last half hour before ko - play music (proper decent music, not commercial chart-y bollocks) and get that music building and pumping as ko comes near. Put loads of past goals on the screens.
As the teams come out play "The Boys In Blue" and "Blue Moon" as we know ko is near.
Read the teams out so they can get proper "whaaayyy"s off the fans (most can't be arsed when it's done twice in ten minutes). Sometimes, when it's a really big game, they could leave off the music altogether and just let us build our own atmosphere in the stands.

At half time just play three or four songs.

At the end of the game get as much chat, cheese, notices, information, adverts etc as anyone wants or needs.

As for the fans, I just wish some would let themselves go a bit more. In most parts of our ground it's a laid back, relaxed atmosphere where everyone seems to be too insecure and embarrassed to vocally get behind the team. Very recent games (Arsenal, Stoke, Liverpool in the league and the derby secind half) have proved that when just twenty or thirty people in every block just try that little bit harder to get behind the team the whole stadium atmosphere changes and increases ten fold. As a result the team puts in extra effort (they really do!).

Gingers Dad said:
There is no correlation between "Match Day Experience" and atmosphere. In fact atmosphere has nothing to do with the stadium, singing sections, Hugh Ferris, standing, giant hot dogs, family stands, Natalie Pike, ticket prices, City Square, half time fun games, big screen highlights or Fanzone Danny. It's about the fans.
I sit in the North Stand and you lot in 110, 111 and the South Stand are so much quieter than the away fans it's embarrassing. I always laugh when I read comments on here about moving away fans to the third tier to create a singing section. There is already a singing section and you don't make much noise. The solution to the lack of atmosphere lies with yourselves
The thing is with that (and I agree about how the singing sections are out-noised most of the time, it's the absolute truth!) is that the Singing Section Level 1 holds about 1300 and the South Stand Level 1 holds about 1800. It's not fucking enough. Stockport have more seats aside for vocal fans than that.

For me - and I think about our atmosphere and the set-up of the stadium to obsessive levels and I'm always emailing the club about stuff - I have very recently (last few days) come to the decision that wish City would fuck those posh seats off at the back of 105 and announce that the singing section goes all the way across East Stand Level 1. That would make a huge difference. Instead of that effort of two or three blocks at [109]110/111, we have the whole fucking lot from 101-111.

How many do people think are in ESL1? 5000? That would then put us on a par with vocal sections at Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom etc. It's better, it's a start, but still not anything compared to SheffU, SheffW, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, the Rags... they range from 9000-18000. But at least it would be a bloody start!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.