P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

Bluemanc1968 said:
is anyone else as pissed off as me with this so called ''Match Day experience'' ? fucking hate that termanology! I have been going to watch City since I was 11, first with my uncle and dad as a kid like alot on this site, i'm now in my 40's! and I have seen and experienced the mostly downs following my beloved blues, I'm season ticket holder and have been for nearly 20 years and I have got to say some of the football I have recently witnessed has been the best I ever seen as a City Fan, so why am I not enjoying going to the match!!!

I spoke with a few mates last night who like me have been going most of there lives, I would class us as hard core as we do travel to most away and euro games aswell and they are of the same mind set, this PC football experience thingy is fucking shit and its getting worse! the atmosphere at the etihad this year apart from the odd games has been crap! and yet the crowds attendances have been higher than previous years on average, we are starting to ''only sing when were winning'' 20 of us starting to try and get a few songs going last night and no fucker wanted to know so in the end we gave up, SO WHAT'S WRONG???? the stewards the city ones and showsec are not helping the situation, constantly checking if people are sat or stood in the right seats FFS, even last night one of my mates had a major arguement with one! he was finishing his beer off at half time and was a few mins after the start of second half and instead of going back to his allocated seat he stood in the nearest empty one, which was no big deal as there were a few empty seats around where he was and this twat of a steward was constantly at him to go to his own seat in the end he just fucked off out of the ground and went to the pub!

its embarrassing that the away support are outsinging us in alot match's and thats after most of there teams being on the receiving end of a on the pitch leathering we were playing liverpool last night! not fucking Grimsby Town!!

I personely don't have the answer! it may be that club need to step in do something to help situation I don't know!!!! I LOVE CITY its has been my life for so long! but speaking with like minded blues, if things don't change I can see our so called hard core falling away and probably being replaced with these so called glory hunter fans! who have never seen such days as Macc or stockport on a tue or wed night and are only there to see us with Silverwear! but where will they be if we don't win the trophys????????

Sorry for the long post!!

CTID

where do you stand / sit?

Hmm....

I think we could have a better presenter than Huge Ferrit... But wouldn't chuck my SC away because of him.

I think the over-stewarding is detrimental to a dummed down atmosphere however, I feel like a prisoner in Strangeways when I go and watch City.... I'm there to forget about my personal life and whatever else and just enjoy the football, yet this is getting harder to do.

We are treated like shit, this is my only gripe.
I don't experience this at a pop concert, or any other sporting events, so why the fuck football?
What, because of what all the beer bellied men sat around me did when they were in their 20's?

Safe Standing needs to be introduced, ASAP!

I know exactly what you mean OP, i've said this a few times before only to be attacked by everyone on here. The whole place now is catering to families, mainly wives and young girls. In the past it was just turn up and watch, you go with your dad and sit there, now they seem to be trying their best to get families in, people who quite frankly dont really give a shit about city but are just going because their husbands are or its fashionable or whatever.

We need to get rid of all this 'entertainment' pre match, during half time etc...as well and just watch the fuckin football. Its the best football i've ever seen by a long way so why the hell do you need anymore entertainment than 90mins of that and a beer at half time.

Also...the prices dont help but thats life!

Like it or not times change,society changes. I too can remember the buzz I used to get standing in the Kippax saluting King Colin and the rest of my boyhood heroes. Those feelings will never return but we are stuck with what we've got. The only answer if we don't like it is to stop going, thats not the answer for me.
CTID

Stevie B said:
Hmm....

I think we could have a better presenter than Huge Ferrit... But wouldn't chuck my SC away because of him.

I think the over-stewarding is detrimental to a dummed down atmosphere however, I feel like a prisoner in Strangeways when I go and watch City.... I'm there to forget about my personal life and whatever else and just enjoy the football, yet this is getting harder to do.

I don't experience this at a pop concert, or any other sporting events, so why the fuck football?
What, because of what all the beer bellied men sat around me did when they were in their 20's?

I agree about safe standing though I will say I've never had issues with stewards at home, at away games however, I'm had awful trouble with stewards.

A joint singing end would be a start, but the atmosphere will never get back to what it once was because tickets are simply too dear.

and as for the bottle bar outside 110??

that bloke should be on britains got talent showing how to pour the slowest bottle into a plastic glass, he's got down to a fine art, normally greeted with the "just give me the fucking bottle mate" is when he will just grin at you!

anger management courses are easier ffs!

SWP's back said:
Stevie B said:
Hmm....

I agree about safe standing though I will say I've never had issues with stewards at home, at away games however, I'm had awful trouble with stewards.

stewards are okay, its show sec and police.

The seating thing is easy to solve even if away fans cannot be put on tier 3....

Swap the current away block to the other side of the goal where the City South standers sit now. Give SS season ticket holders the seat that corresponds symmetrically with their existing one.

This allows a continuous sweep of City fans from behind the goal round the corner and into East Stand.

Other advantages include : Away fans less visible on TV and you dont get the empty seats/gaps associated with poor away followings. Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt external security/entry and exit outside for away fans.

Its probably been suggested before??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.