P & O

All good. You seem very tetchy on this thread. Merely an observation and am probably wrong.
Not particularly. I've used P&O Cruises a few times and I find that the idea that it should rebrand to dissociate itself from another unrelated company with the same name due to historical reasons a bit daft. Any current or potential P&O cruise customers probably know the difference so a costly rebranding exercise is likely to lose more customers than it would gain because of people's irrational loyalty to the brand. There are not many brands that are still in use after 185 years and that is significant marketing point for them. Anyone thinking of booking a cruise is likely to find out very quickly that the two organisations are unrelated if they don't already know.

I did the same told them I will be using an alternative ferry company.
OK I am not planning to go anywhere but they don't know that !
They are bastards to do it this way.
Is it within the Government powers to withdraw their licence to use English ports. ?

Not particularly. I've used P&O Cruises a few times and I find that the idea that it should rebrand to dissociate itself from another unrelated company with the same name due to historical reasons a bit daft. Any current or potential P&O cruise customers probably know the difference so a costly rebranding exercise is likely to lose more customers than it would gain because of people's irrational loyalty to the brand. There are not many brands that are still in use after 185 years and that is significant marketing point for them. Anyone thinking of booking a cruise is likely to find out very quickly that the two organisations are unrelated if they don't already know.
I guess they themselves will make that choice if they believe it is costing them more money than it would cost to rebrand.

Whilst it is a historical name, I’m sure they’d change if it guaranteed them more money.

I guess they themselves will make that choice if they believe it is costing them more money than it would cost to rebrand.

Whilst it is a historical name, I’m sure they’d change if it guaranteed them more money.
I wouldn't argue with that.
However an advertising campaign that clearly dissociates them from P&O Ferries would presumably be a lot more cost effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.