Pab Zab

Zab without doubt is one of the games great players, never gives less than 100%, and i am just glad he plays for us, but we do need someone else to play some games, we have a lot of games hopefully still to play, and he will take some knocks, and will need time to get over them now and then.

Great photo of Zaba getting the ball from Pep on goal:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2013/12/11/4470398/manchester-city-defeat-an-important-lesson-for-bayern-munich?ICID=CP_109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champi ... CID=CP_109</a>

(Not very good at posting photos on here!)

IMO Pep looks in total admiration of our warrior, (or he could be time wasting?)

MaineRoadBlue said:
The Chief said:
Couldn't believe the percentage of fans in pre-season questioning his claim to the RB spot over Richards. Injuries have put that debate to bed but Zab's a cracking all-round full-back in his own right and a true Blue who never lets us down. People like him deserve that win tonight.

Exactly. Richard's is quite simply too muscular to be athletic. One sprint and he goes anaerobic and simply never recovers. He's also made of glass. Quite simply, he's like the cake you bake using what everyone else tell's you are the best ingredients, using the correct methods and when you open the oven door you find it never turned out quite as you hoped or expected.

In short, to ever have any hope of getting anywhere back to where he was 5-6 years ago, Richards needs to lose at least, yes at least 30lbs of bulk. If he doesn't, he will be plagued by limited mobility, poor recovery and constant muscle injuries.

It is so obvious, it begs the question why someone at City's sports science department can't see this?

Spot on. I do sports science at uni and it's clear that he needs to lose some lean muscle mass and undergo a programme of PNF flexibility improvement. His agility and flexibility are that poor that any level of stretching consistently leads to injury. It's painfully obvious and I have no idea why it isn't being sorted!

Tremendous performance in Munich after a couple of dodgy moments when he first came on. Perhaps the biggest gap between two players vying for the same position is that between Zaba and Micah. Richards' athleticism is cancelled by his lack of football brain. At the highest level, football is played in the mind. but, at the Etihad v bayern, Micah was launching himself here, there and everywhere and Alaba just laughed at him and said'' what's all that, man, are you mad?''. In the Allianz Arena, however, Zaba 's complete refusal to be intimidated by Ribery reduced the world-class winger to sneaky dives and shifty tricks.

I particularly enjoyed how when fouled ate on he went to ground, but managed a quick sneaky look to make sure the ball had gone out of play, before resuming his injury. My lad spotted it at the time, but I needed a replay to notice.

He is the epitomy of what we all want a Manchester City player to be, fair, hard, clever, skilful, and above all hard working, little wonder he is a favourite.

cleavers said:
I particularly enjoyed how when fouled ate on he went to ground, but managed a quick sneaky look to make sure the ball had gone out of play, before resuming his injury. My lad spotted it at the time, but I needed a replay to notice.

He is the epitomy of what we all want a Manchester City player to be, fair, hard, clever, skilful, and above all hard working, little wonder he is a favourite.

He does play like how a supporter would...... and actually gives a proper fuck.

In fact Zabs you can come round my house and fuck my sister.

invisibleman92 said:
Anybody know the new Zabba song?

Ohhhhh Pablo zabelata, he is a fucking Manc, he come from Argentina, he's harder than jaap stam.... He plays in blue and white for pellegrini's men, and when we win the league, we'll sing this song again.... Oooooooohhhhh

Was brilliant in the bar last night, had it going a while

After a shaky start to the season he is starting to show the form that got him voted in the PFA Team of the Year and our player of the season awards. One of my favourite players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.