Pablo Osvaldo

ElMatador said:
Please no.

I don't rate negredo as I have made clear, but this guy Is ultimate shite.

We should be going for the likes of Soldado, Benteke etc.

Negredo is better than Soldado

daxman said:
Jumanji said:
Scored 16 in 29 goals last season without even trying after falling out with teammates and the manager.

He's a good player with sound technique, but is a dressing room poison.
This.
Post more again, Dax!

-- Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 pm --

Negredo9 said:
ElMatador said:
Please no.

I don't rate negredo as I have made clear, but this guy Is ultimate shite.

We should be going for the likes of Soldado, Benteke etc.
Negredo is better than Soldado
Aye.

Soldado is the confecup flavour of the month.

adrianr said:
Blue Haze said:
13m for a player who punched out his teammate and called his manager incompetent on twitter.

This is the type of player Spurs buy for peanuts in the waning minutes of a window. And to top it off, Roma will give our cash to rags so they can offload Nani for a good fee.

Quite. Kinda puts paid to my hope of Lamela too by the sounds of it.

Unfortunate, really. Lamela would fit perfectly playing off of Aguero and Negredo.

Just asked a Roma fan online his thoughts on Osvaldo;

Hi,

In my opinion, Osvaldo is a great player, although he has an attitude.

He is a complete striker, strong, quite fast, and a great finisher. Last season I think he scored over 15 goals, which is quite a bit. He is equally good with the ball at his feet or in the air. I really don't want him to leave Roma, as he is a great striker, but he is being sold because of his crap attitude.

He is a player who at times, forgets he is a footballer, and just decides he doesn't want to play. I get the feeling that he feels he is some sort of big shot, and wants a lot of attention. At certain times, he gives me the feeling that he couldn't care less about his performances. He is obsessed with his girlfriend, and she once said he was ready to abandon his footballing career to stay with her. He once took a holiday to London, after being suspended for the derby against Lazio (the most important game of the season). Fans felt that he got the yellow card (that trigerred the suspension) on purpose, to take a holiday, as the foul was a stupid one.

I consider him to be a mini-Balotelli. Nobody can deny that Balotelli is a great player, but his mind isn't always concentrated on football, although he doesn't go to the extent of Mario. Stats speak for themselves.

I did a small collection of some of the goal per game ratio of some of the strikers at random, and how much they were bought for or how much they are currantly valued. (Stats in brackets show goals per game with previous clubs, and how much they were bought from their previous club)

1. Cavani - 0.72 (0.31) - 60M (17M)
2. Torres - 0.6 - 50M
3. Lewandowsi - 0.56 - 27M+
4. Osvaldo - 0.51 (0.45) - 11m
5. Destro - 0.4 - 15M
6. Rossi - 0.4 - 10M
7. Caroll - 0.39 - 40M
8. Benzema - 0.38 - 41M
9. Vucinic - 0.31 - 15M
10. Jovetic - 0.3 - 30-40M
11. Sanchez - 0.21 - 37M

As you can see, his goal per game ratio is quite good, at 0.5.

In my opinion he is a huge loss for Roma, as they will be losing a player with an eye for goals, for a relatively, cheap price (I consider him to be a €20M+ player). If someone managed to control his attitude, then I can consider him as one of the best in his position. For €15M, I feel he is a great purchase.

Its nothing we don't already know per say but still for those who don't know anything you can now at least understand more about him now.

Forzacitizens said:
he's buying what he knows, spanish/south american players. I hope he Manuel realizes how tough the league is.

This myth that the premier league is an incredibly hard league that only certain players can play in is absolute nonsense, it's a cliche spouted by people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

CTID101 said:
Just asked a Roma fan online his thoughts on Osvaldo;

Hi,

In my opinion, Osvaldo is a great player, although he has an attitude.

He is a complete striker, strong, quite fast, and a great finisher. Last season I think he scored over 15 goals, which is quite a bit. He is equally good with the ball at his feet or in the air. I really don't want him to leave Roma, as he is a great striker, but he is being sold because of his crap attitude.

He is a player who at times, forgets he is a footballer, and just decides he doesn't want to play. I get the feeling that he feels he is some sort of big shot, and wants a lot of attention. At certain times, he gives me the feeling that he couldn't care less about his performances. He is obsessed with his girlfriend, and she once said he was ready to abandon his footballing career to stay with her. He once took a holiday to London, after being suspended for the derby against Lazio (the most important game of the season). Fans felt that he got the yellow card (that trigerred the suspension) on purpose, to take a holiday, as the foul was a stupid one.

I consider him to be a mini-Balotelli. Nobody can deny that Balotelli is a great player, but his mind isn't always concentrated on football, although he doesn't go to the extent of Mario. Stats speak for themselves.

I did a small collection of some of the goal per game ratio of some of the strikers at random, and how much they were bought for or how much they are currantly valued. (Stats in brackets show goals per game with previous clubs, and how much they were bought from their previous club)

1. Cavani - 0.72 (0.31) - 60M (17M)
2. Torres - 0.6 - 50M
3. Lewandowsi - 0.56 - 27M+
4. Osvaldo - 0.51 (0.45) - 11m
5. Destro - 0.4 - 15M
6. Rossi - 0.4 - 10M
7. Caroll - 0.39 - 40M
8. Benzema - 0.38 - 41M
9. Vucinic - 0.31 - 15M
10. Jovetic - 0.3 - 30-40M
11. Sanchez - 0.21 - 37M

As you can see, his goal per game ratio is quite good, at 0.5.

In my opinion he is a huge loss for Roma, as they will be losing a player with an eye for goals, for a relatively, cheap price (I consider him to be a €20M+ player). If someone managed to control his attitude, then I can consider him as one of the best in his position. For €15M, I feel he is a great purchase.

Its nothing we don't already know per say but still for those who don't know anything you can now at least understand more about him now.

A quite fair assessment of the player and depending on how Pellegrini handles the player the player then we could have a very useful player in our squad.

PMSL I cant remember when that line was posted had to do a double check to make sure hadn't gone to page 1 of the thread.

MCFC-Scott said:
Forzacitizens said:
he's buying what he knows, spanish/south american players. I hope he Manuel realizes how tough the league is.

This myth that the premier league is an incredibly hard league that only certain players can play in is absolute nonsense, it's a cliche spouted by people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

right, so its not harder than la liga or serie A?

seeing as you obviously have all the answers i won't waste my time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.