Pablo Osvaldo

Ray78 said:
doomuk said:
eddiemarin09 said:
Now it seems like letting tevez go was a mistake..it's like we got rid of a Porsche and were talking about replacing him with a Toyota Camry ..it really worrying me now like our transfer standards dropped

This, this and this again.

In an 18 month period we won 3 trophies (counting the CS) Since then we have lost from the first team squad:-

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

And are looking to ship out

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

Now in my honest opinion, the players going out were FAR better than the players coming in and that is a very worrying trend.

De'niro mentioned asset stripping. Im not sure that isnt a harsh phrase but I can see the concern.

Big clubs become big clubs by not only winning things but by having marketable players. Signing over aged players and in some case over aged players who never were 'brand' players will not help us.

I disagree.

Ok, theres a couple of positions vacant but in general which is the better team:

The players that have gone or are rumored to be going:-

Tevez Mario
? Barry Dejong Johnson
Kolorov Lescott Toure ?
Given

or the players that have come in or rumored to be coming:-

Negredo Osvaldo
Sinclair Fernan Garcia Navas
Nastasic Maicon
Pantilimon (ive put pants in as Given wasnt 1st choice)

Personally I think the outgoing team would hammer the incoming team.

You also missing the point of the marketability of the players bringing in huge revenue for the club. Why do you think Ream MAdrid and Barca can afford such big transfer fees? Because it helps them market themselves. In trohpies and shirt sales alone RM will have got there Ronaldo money back by the bucket load.

Its false economy to buy 2nd tier players and hope to make the club big.

doomuk said:
Ray78 said:
doomuk said:
This, this and this again.

In an 18 month period we won 3 trophies (counting the CS) Since then we have lost from the first team squad:-

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

And are looking to ship out

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

Now in my honest opinion, the players going out were FAR better than the players coming in and that is a very worrying trend.

De'niro mentioned asset stripping. Im not sure that isnt a harsh phrase but I can see the concern.

Big clubs become big clubs by not only winning things but by having marketable players. Signing over aged players and in some case over aged players who never were 'brand' players will not help us.

I disagree.

Ok, theres a couple of positions vacant but in general which is the better team:

The players that have gone or are rumored to be going:-

Tevez Mario
? Barry Dejong Johnson
Kolorov Lescott Toure ?
Given

or the players that have come in or rumored to be coming:-

Negredo Osvaldo
Sinclair Fernan Garcia Navas
Nastasic Maicon
Pantilimon (ive put pants in as Given wasnt 1st choice)

Personally I think the outgoing team would hammer the incoming team.

You also missing the point of the marketability of the players bringing in huge revenue for the club. Why do you think Ream MAdrid and Barca can afford such big transfer fees? Because it helps them market themselves. In trohpies and shirt sales alone RM will have got there Ronaldo money back by the bucket load.

Its false economy to buy 2nd tier players and hope to make the club big.

They would be extra motivated than going through the motions imho.

Players isn't everything, the manager is a major part of how things go as well, Pellegrini did a lot with players inferior to the ones we have now and, really, are about to get in certain cases.

Citizenhill said:
Players isn't everything, the manager is a major part of how things go as well, Pellegrini did a lot with players inferior to the ones we have now and, really, are about to get in certain cases.

Market them into a world brand did he?
Win a trophy did he?

I agree that the manager plays a key part but player wise we have defiantly gone backwards for two successive seasons - if this windows transfer rumours turn out to be correct.

doomuk said:
Citizenhill said:

Win a trophy did he?

I agree that the manager plays a key part but player wise we have defiantly gone backwards for two successive seasons - if this windows transfer rumours turn out to be correct.

Miserable git are you?
Negative fucker are you?
Get on my tits do you?
Fuck off will you?

doomuk said:
Citizenhill said:

Win a trophy did he?

De Jong < Fernandinho
Johnno < Navas
Tevez (as a striker) < Negredo.

As it stands right now we're improving the team. If you were to add in Lescott < Pepe and No one < Osvaldo, even more so.

doomuk said:
Citizenhill said:

Win a trophy did he?

If he was going to win a trophy with Villareal or Malaga he'd have to be a magician, whilst I accept there were faults with his tenure of Real Madrid, he did get them a record amount of points for 2nd or something, 97 was it? That would win it in many other years, he did that with Ronaldo out for 2 months and no influence on the players he bought and was basically out before he got in. And how he is he supposed to market a team into a fucking world brand? He's the manager, not the CEO.

Far too many downers on here. With the addition of one
more striker we're in very good shape and will be challenging
for the title once again.

BringBackSwales said:
doomuk said:
Citizenhill said:

Win a trophy did he?

Miserable git are you?
Negative fucker are you?
Get on my tits do you?
Fuck off will you?

In case you didn't notice this is a place for debate and discussion. So, if you don't want to debate or hear other people's views I suggest you go and find another place to post.

doomuk said:
BringBackSwales said:
doomuk said:
Win a trophy did he?

Miserable git are you?
Negative fucker are you?
Get on my tits do you?
Fuck off will you?

In case you didn't notice this is a place for debate and discussion. So, if you don't want to debate or hear other people's views I suggest you go and find another place to post.
There's discussion and there's wind-ups

How can we have gone backwards this season when we have signed Navas and Fernandinho and sold Tevez?

Rodwell and Micah missed most of last season and will also make the squad stronger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.