Pablo Osvaldo

Summerbuzz said:
I worry we are getting a bit confused about who we are.

I totally see where that comment comes from. It really is going to come down to how clever we are in the transfer market. It's an entirely understandable point of view to worry when you lose two players of the quality of Tevez and Balo, in favour of something deemed more holistic, to think we're going backwards. The key for me will be providing the balance in our starting XI to improve the team as a whole and make us less reliant on big game players.

All of this falls on Pellegrini's shoulders to a greater or lesser degree. He's the man who has to make this more holistic City more competitive than the previous regime made City.

Chevelle said:
NQCitizen said:
Kun Aguero said:
What fucking talent? he's fucking gash. I don't know much about Fernandinho but the way fellow Bluemooners are going on he sounds perfect. Navas is a fucking quality player and a fucking bargin. Negredo's a good player, prefer Soldado but he'll do a job but Osvaldo's shite. Shite. If the rags were about to sign him there would be a 50 page thread full of "LOLz".

A third striker who scored 1 in 2 in a top 4 European league for 3m more than Sinclair is fine by me. He's got better technique than your average striker, an eye for goal, clinical finishing and isn't slow.

Simply he's not "shite"
2nd only to cavani in headed goals last season which is awesome cause we suck from set pieces recently

Why don't we buy Ryan Shawcross then? we got a decent defender and he helps with the home-grown quota.

Think we are looking at Osvaldo and Negredo because they play and do well in the lone striker roles..Both currently play in formations that Pelligrini seems to prefer
Neither Aguero(Never played on his own up front for a distinct period) and Dzeko always had a partner up top(Not sure if he does for Bosnia) have the lone striker experience..Neither did Tevez.. or Balo until Milan

So to me seem like both could be astute, smart signings, both capable of making an immediate impact because of their familiarity to that role, assuming that is how Pelli wants to play

Now it seems like letting tevez go was a mistake..it's like we got rid of a Porsche and were talking about replacing him with a Toyota Camry ..it really worrying me now like our transfer standards dropped

eddiemarin09 said:
Now it seems like letting tevez go was a mistake..it's like we got rid of a Porsche and were talking about replacing him with a Toyota Camry ..it really worrying me now like our transfer standards dropped

We offered Tevez a new deal near the end of last season, the player refused and we decided to sell. Start worrying when we do win the Champions League and the top stars will not sign.

eddiemarin09 said:

This, this and this again.

In an 18 month period we won 3 trophies (counting the CS) Since then we have lost from the first team squad:-

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

And are looking to ship out

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

Now in my honest opinion, the players going out were FAR better than the players coming in and that is a very worrying trend.

De'niro mentioned asset stripping. Im not sure that isnt a harsh phrase but I can see the concern.

Big clubs become big clubs by not only winning things but by having marketable players. Signing over aged players and in some case over aged players who never were 'brand' players will not help us.

doomuk said:
eddiemarin09 said:

In an 18 month period we won 3 trophies (counting the CS) Since then we have lost from the first team squad:-

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

Now in my honest opinion, the players going out were FAR better than the players coming in and that is a very worrying trend.

De'niro mentioned asset stripping. Im not sure that isnt a harsh phrase but I can see the concern.

Big clubs become big clubs by not only winning things but by having marketable players. Signing over aged players and in some case over aged players who never were 'brand' players will not help us.

I disagree.

Ray78 said:
doomuk said:
eddiemarin09 said:

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

I disagree.

With which bit?

The squad changes making us worse? Well, we didnt win a trophy last year.
The team needing marketable players? I think we all agree that we need to market ourselves.

Which bit?

doomuk said:
Ray78 said:
doomuk said:

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

I disagree.

With which bit?

The team needing marketable players? I think we all agree that we need to market ourselves.

Which bit?

Your entire post. The club cannot keep throwing money at the superstars hoping they will come. Both our signings so far are not on too high wages and providing we progress in Europe then their wages will be topped up by the higher bonuses they have been promised.

doomuk said:
Ray78 said:
doomuk said:

Adam Johnson
Tevez
Mario
De Jong
K.Toure

Barry,
Lescott,
Kolorov,
Possibly Dzeko,

And we have brought in,

Nastasic,
Garcia,
Sinclair,
Maicon,
Fernandhinio
Navas,

And are looking at

Negredo
Osvaldo.

I disagree.

With which bit?

Which bit?

DOOM by name and doom by nature !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.