Pablo Osvaldo

It's like Arsenal losing Fabregas then signing Arteta... They didn't get a good fee but they still came out handsomely on top monetarily. Same with Van Persie. Both players came to the end of their natural career at the club, as with Carlos and Mario. We are looking at the same situation except our net profit will be a net loss. Now, Arsenal didn't go backwards as quickly as people expected because they got good fits. But they sure as fuck didn't go forward! The clubs that went forward were the ones who bought the top quality - Barca and Utd. They are the ones we are supposed to be competing with, remember?

Summerbuzz said:
It's like Arsenal losing Fabregas then signing Arteta... They didn't even get that much of a fee, but they still came out handsomely on top in terms of fees. Same with Van Persie. Both players came to the end of their natural career at the club, as with Carlos and Mario. Now, Arsenal didn't go backwards as quickly as people expected because they got good fits. But they sure as fuck didn't go forward! The clubs that went forward were the ones who bought the top quality - Barca and Utd. They are the ones we are supposed to be competing with, remember?

Analogy doesn't work when you consider that we're arguably replacing 2nd/3rd choice forwards rather than 1st choice. The signings which push us forward in immediate terms are Navas and Fernandinho because they both provide better starting XI options. If we're going to play with one up top, which I guess we're all assuming we will, having Kun, Edin + Negredo isn't an issue IMO.

The fact Chelsea have lost out on Cavani and are now going to go into the season with Lukaku, Torres, and Ba as their forwards is a bigger problem for them. Can actually see them making a concerted effort to sign Rooney if he gives any indication he really wants out of the rags.

BillyShears said:
Summerbuzz said:
It's like Arsenal losing Fabregas then signing Arteta... They didn't even get that much of a fee, but they still came out handsomely on top in terms of fees. Same with Van Persie. Both players came to the end of their natural career at the club, as with Carlos and Mario. Now, Arsenal didn't go backwards as quickly as people expected because they got good fits. But they sure as fuck didn't go forward! The clubs that went forward were the ones who bought the top quality - Barca and Utd. They are the ones we are supposed to be competing with, remember?

Analogy doesn't work when you consider that we're arguably replacing 2nd/3rd choice forwards rather than 1st choice. The signings which push us forward in immediate terms are Navas and Fernandinho because they both provide better starting XI options. If we're going to play with one up top, which I guess we're all assuming we will, having Kun, Edin + Negredo isn't an issue IMO.

The fact Chelsea have lost out on Cavani and are now going to go into the season with Lukaku, Torres, and Ba as their forwards is a bigger problem for them. Can actually see them making a concerted effort to sign Rooney if he gives any indication he really wants out of the rags.

Think you are right the simile doesn't fit completely, but overall there is still a net drop in the outright ability of our squad. we've lost two 9/10 players. If the money is reinvested wisely in young attacking midfielders/wingers and defenders I will be delighted. Otherwise, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Pigeonho said:
ljones15 said:
Pigeonho said:
Razor blade. Gun. Noose.

Pick one and then kill yourself so your obvious misery can end.

You Sir, are a c*nt!
It's been said before.

For the record, it was tongue in cheek because of all the doom and gloom on here, I don't actually want you to kill yourself over a football transfer. Apologies all the same.

I said the other week to a poster that they should be custard pied... you should have heard the abuse i got.. ;)

samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
ljones15 said:
It's been said before.

it was tongue in cheek because of all the doom and gloom on here, I don't actually want you to kill yourself over a football transfer. Apologies all the same.

I said the other week to a poster that they should be custard pied. you should have heard the abuse i got.

You beast

BillyShears said:
Summerbuzz said:

Offer them Dzeko plus £10m for Mata :-)

They get a very decent striker. We get our missing piece, i.e. a 5th option for 3 free role positions around the box... 1.Aguero, 2.Silva, 3.Nasri, 4.Navas, 5.Mata. 4 into 3 is just cutting it too tight I think. Mata, DiMaria, Ribery, Daxler, someone like that is still the missing key I think.

Summerbuzz said:
BillyShears said:
Summerbuzz said:

Think you are right the simile doesn't fit completely, but overall there is still a net drop in the outright ability of our squad. we've lost two 9/10 players. If the money is reinvested wisely in young attacking midfielders/wingers and defenders I will be delighted. Otherwise, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

For me, Mario was too unpredictable to be classed as a big game player. He put in some big performances in big games for us, but he also shit out of a lot of them too because of his attitude or ego. A similar thing could be argued for Tevez. Personally I think I'd rather we had a consistent and motivated forward like Negredo to replace the two of them.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we don't sign another at midfield player to compliment the Navas signing. I'm speculating but I suspect we have our eye on someone who is either expensive, or who has a lot of clubs chasing him. The lad Bruma is the obvious one. Jovetic the other. If we were to sign either of those two plus add Negredo I'd say our squad is stronger and more balanced than last season even if we have lost two world class on their day players.

Kun Aguero said:
NQCitizen said:
For 11m it's a good deal. His talent and his record and his age mean he'd normally be worth double that.

What fucking talent? he's fucking gash. I don't know much about Fernandinho but the way fellow Bluemooners are going on he sounds perfect. Navas is a fucking quality player and a fucking bargin. Negredo's a good player, prefer Soldado but he'll do a job but Osvaldo's shite. Shite. If the rags were about to sign him there would be a 50 page thread full of "LOLz".

A third striker who scored 1 in 2 in a top 4 European league for 3m more than Sinclair is fine by me. He's got better technique than your average striker, an eye for goal, clinical finishing and isn't slow.

Simply he's not "shite"

NQCitizen said:
Kun Aguero said:
NQCitizen said:
For 11m it's a good deal. His talent and his record and his age mean he'd normally be worth double that.

What fucking talent? he's fucking gash. I don't know much about Fernandinho but the way fellow Bluemooners are going on he sounds perfect. Navas is a fucking quality player and a fucking bargin. Negredo's a good player, prefer Soldado but he'll do a job but Osvaldo's shite. Shite. If the rags were about to sign him there would be a 50 page thread full of "LOLz".

A third striker who scored 1 in 2 in a top 4 European league for 3m more than Sinclair is fine by me. He's got better technique than your average striker, an eye for goal, clinical finishing and isn't slow.

Simply he's not "shite"
2nd only to cavani in headed goals last season which is awesome cause we suck from set pieces recently

For me, Mario was too unpredictable to be classed as a big game player. He put in some big performances in big games for us, but he also shit out of a lot of them too because of his attitude or ego. A similar thing could be argued for Tevez. Personally I think I'd rather we had a consistent and motivated forward like Negredo to replace the two of them.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we don't sign another at midfield player to compliment the Navas signing. I'm speculating but I suspect we have our eye on someone who is either expensive, or who has a lot of clubs chasing him. The lad Bruma is the obvious one. Jovetic the other. If we were to sign either of those two plus add Negredo I'd say our squad is stronger and more balanced than last season even if we have lost two world class on their day players.
probably agree, but this thread isn't about negredo!

on balance Tev and Balo didn't justify the megabucks it cost to employ them. the wage bill must be managed and I remember stories (that appeared very well briefed) saying something along the lines of 'the spaniards want a more meritocratic wage structure'. this is a calming notion to me.

I guess i'm just shaky at seeing so many cornerstones of our success being removed - but this is, as you've said, a time of transition. bob's mega stars on mega bucks idea is gone - I really want to believe the holistic approach will make us more like Dortmund and Barca, but I think Dortmund are a million times as smart in the market and Barca have a soul that came from the players growing up together (if, err, at different times), the unbroken line from Cruyff to Pep to Messi. I worry we are getting a bit confused about who we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.