Pablo really was the man

Great point about those four. I'd also be tempted to add Yaya to that list, albeit I don't think he got us to the same extent and messed up by not keeping his gobshite agent quiet. Less than 100m for those five but it's City that are ruining football, whilst United spend more than that on one Paul pogba that they used to own and sold for 4m.

We've bought some duds but overall our key player recruitment has been unbelievably good.
Sold for 1m I thought?

I remember him being carried off, at home against Fulham in 2013. With a bad knock and the whole ground stood, clapped and roared; Do Do Do, Pablo Zabaleta...
Incredible moment. Incredible person.

Sold for 1m I thought?
You might be right. I thought it was 4m but could've been only 1m.
Either way, they sold a player for peanuts, bought him back for over 100m, realised he was a mid level PL squad player at best....but we are the ones ruining football !!!

Like a few of the lads who signed in that era, Pablo seemed to buy into the ethos of the club, and wasn't here solely for the money (though that might have helped attract him initially). Him, Vinnie, Dave and Kun all seem to have the same mental attitude towards the club. I always say that they are examples of how fans that got the chance to play for us would turn out. Slightly more skills than most fans though!
joe always gets left out,he was here ten years and bled blue

I can remember a moment, and I think I can place it, when he became a hero. I’m pretty sure it was the last five minutes of the game against United in 2012, at 1-0 up, when they were having a bit of a go and we were all nervous as hell. He won a big tackle, over in front of the East Stand, and jumped up and practically roared like a lion, pumping his fists.

Does anyone else remember this? I’m 99% sure it was that game.

Yeah I do, another thing I remember that nails him as one of us was a FA Cup game v Leeds with I think Dowd in charge...we were leading 2-0 with minutes to go and the fat fucker gave Leeds a throw-in after Zab had won US the ball. He ended up booked for bouncing the ball into the pitch and giving the fat one some stick.

How any self-respecting blue could ever sing the name of a Rag, like he’s being held us as an idol, is beyond me.

To me, Pablo Zabaleta will always be ‘harder than a tank’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.