Pablo Zabaleta - The Ironman

Gabriel said:
Probably won't be the first name on the sheet when we're in the CL, but he'd be first down for a January night away to the Wolves.

Sorry mate but comments like this do my head in, it's in the same vein as 'not good enough for where we want to be' and 'to take us where we want to go' . Every great team is made up of water carriers, some of us need to wake up to this instead of living by the corporate inspired 'cookisms' our resident experts keep spouting.

Sorry mate rant over,

Chick Counterfly said:
I don't think I expressed myself very well. I just don't take any pleasure at all in seeing the guy getting smashed and cut. Seemingly, neither does he.

He doesn't have to prove his commitment. There's no glory in it. Only a moron would think that him being having a broken nose and scars prove that he's a vital player. He's better than that, a proper all round footballer, one of the very few who can read the play, trap, defend, attack, tackle, head, pass, cross, and finish. He scores goals because he has more guts and football in his head than most of the rest. He shows his commitment in everything he does.

I just think the whole 'good old Zabba, total commitment' line is empty and even a bit insulting in the circumstances. I feel bad for him and his family and hope he takes care of himself, he doesn't deserve or need what's happened to him, he's only got one face, one body, and it has to last him long after fans of this club will have stopped thinking about him. He's got absolutely fuck all to prove to anyone.

I honestly don't think that any City fan would like him more simply
because he frequently gets injured.Nor do I think that he's trying to
prove his commitment.Zab is just one of those players that gives
absolutely everything everytime he plays. He would be the same
whichever team he played for. With Zab it's all or nothing and sometimes
that has consequences. He is the type of player that successful teams
need and I am delighted that he's ours. It's not about proving anything,
he can't play any other way and still be himself.

Bunk said:
Has anyone been damaged and patched up more than Zab this season?

The cut he took today was a real bad one.

And his legend grows with every blow he takes and shrugs off...............now lets imagine; Roanaldo, Nani, Valencia, Hernandez etc getting anything like those blows..........................

He's improved no end this season. At the start I worried for his future because he always seemed a rash challenge and penalty/dangerous free-kick waiting to happen. But now he looks a key member of the squad.

He was frustrated at getting another injury. I think it was Everton at home where he got kicked every time he got the ball, had his head bandaged and still kept coming back for more. Epitomised his spirit. Last night he was still flying in to tackles when the game was won and others were easing off a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.