Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

The state of the comments on Twitter are horrendous. I should know by now, but every time I look at the comments on something City have tweeted it is just an absolute shit show. Nowt stranger than folk I suppose.

The difference in tone between that and the Guardian article is stark and the Guardian aren't usually what you'd call complimentary about us.

I read both and I can't really see any difference between the two especially considering the Guardian one is double the length. Of course Roan being who he is will destroy that statement in some moronic tweet incoming as we speak.

The club and the hired law associates have been brilliant in the investigation so far. I don't think they will get any credit though for the work they have done.

So far we are getting plaudits for how we're handling this, I've not seen any negative slants on it yet.

The state of the comments on Twitter are horrendous. I should know by now, but every time I look at the comments on something City have tweeted it is just an absolute shit show. Nowt stranger than folk I suppose.
Indeed, what a world we (sometimes) now live in.. Just happened upon a couple of comments on some of the news feeds etc - we're apparently 'using our bottomless pit of money to cover up our dodgy financial dealings' according to some members of The Brains Trust out there. Oddly enough, I was listening to some music on my i-Thingy at the time and the shuffle played Was (Not Was) - 'Woodwork squeaks and out come the freaks..' Rather summed it all up for me..

Oh, and by the way.. well done City for this response, which is in stark contrast to that of other clubs, especially with its intention of preventing further burdens or distress being placed on those affected by making them engage with an unnecessary legal process.

I am proud of what City have done here but fully expect that enemies of the club will try to put a negative spin on it.

I do not think there is much to be gained in comparing Crewe's approach to that of City. We are a rich club and have the capacity to "do the right thing" without threatening the club's existence. If Crewe were to open themselves up to claims it could easily bankrupt them so I understand their stance but think that they could have found a way that is more supportive of the victims.

Usually United and Liverpool fans from far flung corners of India or the Middle East. They come out with utter drivel that they pick up on the Cafe or Rawk.

The world would be a better place if Twitter never existed, shame because as a platform and a concept its brilliant unfortunately humans got involved

I am proud of what City have done here but fully expect that enemies of the club will try to put a negative spin on it.

I do not think there is much to be gained in comparing Crewe's approach to that of City. We are a rich club and have the capacity to "do the right thing" without threatening the club's existence. If Crewe were to open themselves up to claims it could easily bankrupt them so I understand their stance but think that they could have found a way that is more supportive of the victims.

I think as well the difference between City and Crewe is that City have been able to say "we accept previous regimes at the club got it completely wrong"
Where (and correct me if I am wrong) people connected at the time in Crewe are still there or only recently left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.