Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

No, you ARE excusing their behaviour. So don't say it at all. It's a myth that "usually" they are victims themselves "replicating" their childhood. That is an insult to survivors of childhood abuse, and survivors have enough to deal with without people perpetuating the myth that "you never know, they may go on to abuse now they've grown up".
I have a friend who used to work with childhood survivors at a Manchester centre having also done diplomas and extensive work in this field (as well as knowing something about it myself on a personal level, and via the centre and my friend) - and i just had to post my reply to your post, because no matter how well intentioned you meant it, you should not be saying things like that, it tars survivors and excuses the abuser, as well as having no proof as a statement at all.
There's some truth in the post you replied to however difficult it is to accept. This in no way deflects from the disgraceful and humiliating crimes paedophiles
commit. There's plenty of abused out there that have turned their lives around by getting help and reporting the sickening acts they were subject to.

I worked with a girl many years ago who's best friend had just got married, she started to get black eyes and other visible marks. It turned out her husband was giving her a slap now and again if she disagreed with anything he said or did. As her own mother had been beaten by her Dad she actually thought this was normal behaviour.

As for Bennell and his like, I'd let them rot in solitary confinement for the rest of their natural, there's no punishment harsh enough for these people, not the death sentence, that's the easy way out.

Senrab is Barnes backwards so I'd hazard a guess that it was a team set up by Ken Barnes?
No idea mate just remember a Chelsea FC connection at the time it's over 45 years ago and it's only by posting here I've learned it's Barnes backwards !

From Barnes Middlesex, maybe?

I think there are multiple ‘Senrab’ teams DD, the real McCoy being over in Hackney somewhere. However, there was indeed one based out of Barnes in South West London as well, cos I used to play against them 30 odd years ago in one of the Middlesex FA’s Sunday Leagues. They played on Barnes Green opposite the Sun Inn if memory serves......

There's some truth in the post you replied to however difficult it is to accept. This in no way deflects from the disgraceful and humiliating crimes paedophiles
commit. There's plenty of abused out there that have turned their lives around by getting help and reporting the sickening acts they were subject to.

I worked with a girl many years ago who's best friend had just got married, she started to get black eyes and other visible marks. It turned out her husband was giving her a slap now and again if she disagreed with anything he said or did. As her own mother had been beaten by her Dad she actually thought this was normal behaviour.

As for Bennell and his like, I'd let them rot in solitary confinement for the rest of their natural, there's no punishment harsh enough for these people, not the death sentence, that's the easy way out.

Still disagree.

The example you give is a child growing up witnessing domestic abuse, and yes a small minority of children who grown up in violent homes go on to be violent.

But my post was responding to someone saying paedophiles have "usually" been sexually abused as children and go on to do what was done to them as adults.

I stand by my post that that was insulting to survivors and also just wrong. The man on the domestic violence case you quote thought it was normal. But children who have been sexually abused may have been groomed to think it's normal early on (but some don't) but all realise at some point (usually during the abuse and mostly before adulthood, or if not then soon after) that it is wrong. That is why so many tell no one, it is because they are ashamed. They know it's wrong, and can't get out of it.

They don't do what your example said, by going on to do what was done to them as they think it's "normal". A child who was sexually abused does not go on to be a paedophile, and i wish people would stop putting that burdon of blame on the victims by saying so. Have the people posting that excuse on here have any idea what is going through an abused childs head, either at the time or years later when they are trying to deal with what has happened? The guilt, the shame, the nightmares and flashbacks, the worrying you wont be believed, the trying to hold down a normal life. They know the pain it causes and would not be inflicting it on anyone else. Try asking David White what he thinks of the assumption that a paedophile was once a victim. One in 5,000 might be, but not the "usually" that the poster claimed.

Last edited:
Still disagree.

The example you give is a child growing up witnessing domestic abuse, and yes a small minority of children who grown up in violent homes go on to be violent.

But my post was responding to someone saying paedophiles have "usually" been sexually abused as children and go on to do what was done to them as adults.

I stand by my post that that was insulting to survivors and also just wrong. The man on the case you quote thought it was normal. Children who have been sexually abused may have been groomed to think it's normal early on (but some don't) but all realise at some point (usually during the abuse and mostly before adulthood, or if not then soon after) that it is wrong. That is why so many tell no one, it is because they are ashamed. They know it's wrong, and can't get out of it.

They don't do what your example said, by going on to do what was done to them as they think it's normal. A child who was sexually abused does not go on to be a paedophile, and i wish people would stop putting that burdon of blame on the victims by saying so. Have the people posting that excuse on here have any idea what is going through an abused childs head, either at the time or years later when they are trying to deal with what has happened? Try asking David White what he thinks of the assumption that a paedophile was once a victim.
It might help if you think about it this way...

Only a damaged person would be a pedophile, because it is societally aberrant. What “damaged” that person? I think it is widely known that such people often perpetrate the damage to which they were subjected, while others reflect the damage to which they were subjected in other ways.

NO-ONE is giving a free pass to the perpetrators, only seeking to understand how such damaged people become so damaged, and believing it is often acting out against their own abuse.

Still disagree.

I stand by my post that that was insulting to survivors and also just wrong. The man on the case you quote thought it was normal. Children who have been sexually abused may have been groomed to think it's normal early on (but some don't) but all realise at some point (usually during the abuse and mostly before adulthood, or if not then soon after) that it is wrong. That is why so many tell no one, it is because they are ashamed. They know it's wrong, and can't get out of it.

They don't do what your example said, by going on to do what was done to them as they think it's normal. A child who was sexually abused does not go on to be a paedophile, and i wish people would stop putting that burdon of blame on the victims by saying so. Have the people posting that excuse on here have any idea what is going through an abused childs head, either at the time or years later when they are trying to deal with what has happened? Try asking David White what he thinks of the assumption that a paedophile was once a victim.
Think you need to reread my post, I said there's plenty of people that are abused that get help. The case I quoted was not about validation, it was how someone was influenced by her home life growing up. You have totally mixed my post with that of the original post, I have no sympathy for these cunts.

It might help if you think about it this way...

Only a damaged person would be a pedophile, because it is societally aberrant. What “damaged” that person? I think it is widely known that such people often perpetrate the damage to which they were subjected, while others reflect the damage to which they were subjected in other ways.

NO-ONE is giving a free pass to the perpetrators, only seeking to understand how such damaged people become so damaged, and believing it is often acting out against their own abuse.
Has it happened to you? Have you studied up on this? Have you a friend with diplomas and degrees on this stuff? Have you spent 4 years as a client or ending up helping out at a place that deals with this stuff? I have, i assume you haven't, so please just cut me some slack and let me say it. Being damaged in society and becoming a paedophile does not mean it was being sexually abused that did that damage. Will people stop saying it is. I would say talk to manchester rape crisis if you haven';t a clue what you are on about.

Said too much already, not going to come back in as they're not worth arguing about. We all agree they're scum, i'm just disagreeing at the blame game and shame that some are putting on some people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.