Paid too much

The sensible thing to do would be to emigrate and go into hiding, change your names etc.

I'd ignore all the keyboard warriors telling you to not pay it back.

A mark on her credit rating will screw her chances of a mortgage later.

Sounds a reasonable enough suggestion and they ought to accept that. If they don't then they're the ones taking the piss I reckon.

Good job it's not HMRC it's owed to as they can be a lot more unforgiving in circumstances like this. My boss once got a tax bill for around £1800 just after Christmas one year. He phoned HMRC up and asked if he could pay in instalments. They said "yes of course - £900 this week and £900 next week"!

HMRC are pretty ruthless.

We had an instance where I work a couple of years ago, where a departing employee was paid twice in error. It was eventually spotted, chased, and the agreement ended up being £25 a month. For a debt of a couple of grand.

They can't do anything unless you outright refuse to pay. So think carefully and offer what is reasonable & affordable.

It sounds like your boss rolled over and had his tummy tickled ;-)

Sadly he didnt many years ago the Tax man said I owed £800 and wanted it immediately. Everybody agreed that I had paid the correct amount of tax but no one would fight them as they are so powerful. I phoned them and pleaded that I simply could not afford to pay them. They agreed that i could pay two monthly installments of £400. I have hated them ever since.

The sensible thing to do would be to emigrate and go into hiding, change your names etc.

Guatemala and it's jungles are good for that. I'm here now after fleeing my milk bill and the score I owe my sister.

I've started borrowing nuts from the monkeys so I might need to move further south when they eventually come calling. As they always fucking do.

Bastards.

HMRC are pretty ruthless.

We had an instance where I work a couple of years ago, where a departing employee was paid twice in error. It was eventually spotted, chased, and the agreement ended up being £25 a month. For a debt of a couple of grand.

They can't do anything unless you outright refuse to pay. So think carefully and offer what is reasonable & affordable.

If you don't fancy going all Ray Mears like me. Without any fucking bushcraft skills at all I may add. Then listen to this guy ^^^ he speaks with wisdom.

Offer them something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.