Palace away....

citizen said:
Wheres the best train station to park at and then get the train in? Im coming from manchester.

A palace fan said park near the ground and leave couple of mins early and you will get away quick.

Dont know what to do?

Can someone post here or pm me cheers
Depends really. Someone suggested getting to somewhere like Weybridge (M25 J11) and getting the train to Clapham Junction. I'd suggest either getting off the M25 at J13, going to Staines or Ashford and doing the same from there. 20+ minutes to Clapham Jct then 15 minutes to Selhurst or Thornton Heath.

Alternatively get to somewhere like Barnet, Watford or Hendon and get the tube into Victoria then train. There's also a direct train (London Overground) from Watford Jct to Clapham Jct. Last train is 22:38 from Clapham (which should be enough time) and takes 45 minutes.

Can I suggest that if you want to save some hassle (maybe not time), south London traffic is shit during the rush hour (well most of the time in truth), and parking near the ground, is hopeless especially for an evening game, as its nearly all permit holders.

An alternative is to drive down to Bicester (just off the M40 near Oxford), park at Bicester North station, buy a "London Travel card" which covers all train and tube into and out of London. 2 1/2 hours to Bicester, about 1 hour into central London, then about 40 minutes on the tube/train.

You can also drive further down the M40 to Wycombe, but the parking there isn't great, Beaconsfield, both on same train line as Bicester, or even Hillingdon on the tube line (but don't get the Picadilly line it takes ages), all stations are close to the M40, and have car parks for a couple of quid.

Derbyshire_here said:
Im goin down on the train from macclesfield at about noon my self to London Euston then gettin a cab to Earls Court then just walking plenty of time spare, not worth spending so much on petrol only £30 for a return ticket on trainline.com coz the traffic is a bugger if you hit rush hour!

Walking from Earls Court? It's Palace, not Chelsea or Fulham!!

Derbyshire_here said:
Im goin down on the train from macclesfield at about noon my self to London Euston then gettin a cab to Earls Court then just walking plenty of time spare, not worth spending so much on petrol only £30 for a return ticket on trainline.com coz the traffic is a bugger if you hit rush hour!
WTF??????

Why get a cab to Earls Court then walk? It'll take you about 3 hours!!!! Do you know where you're going?

I assume you're staying in a hotel near Earls Court as you can't get a train back the same night.

You can get the train from Victoria and it'll take about 20 minutes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
citizen said:
Wheres the best train station to park at and then get the train in? Im coming from manchester.

A palace fan said park near the ground and leave couple of mins early and you will get away quick.

Dont know what to do?

Can someone post here or pm me cheers
Depends really. Someone suggested getting to somewhere like Weybridge (M25 J11) and getting the train to Clapham Junction. I'd suggest either getting off the M25 at J13, going to Staines or Ashford and doing the same from there. 20+ minutes to Clapham Jct then 15 minutes to Selhurst or Thornton Heath.

Alternatively get to somewhere like Barnet, Watford or Hendon and get the tube into Victoria then train. There's also a direct train (London Overground) from Watford Jct to Clapham Jct. Last train is 22:38 from Clapham (which should be enough time) and takes 45 minutes.

I would strongley recommend going down the M1 to Stanmore tube station, one change to Victoria then regional train to Thornton Heath.

Corky said:
I would strongley recommend going down the M1 to Stanmore tube station, one change to Victoria then regional train to Thornton Heath.

Also makes sense, it saves a lot of hassle doing this (for all london games in my view), it might cost a little more by using the train/tube, but it is (generally) quicker and less hassle.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Derbyshire_here said:
WTF??????

Why get a cab to Earls Court then walk? It'll take you about 3 hours!!!! Do you know where you're going?

I assume you're staying in a hotel near Earls Court as you can't get a train back the same night.

sorry pal messed up there :L im going meeting my dad in earls court and were driving bit of a slow moment!!

Derbyshire_here said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
WTF??????

sorry pal messed up there :L im going meeting my dad in earls court and were driving bit of a slow moment!!
LOL. Thought you'd lost it completely when I read that!

I have a spare ticket and seat on our bus from north manchester if interested call Gaz on 07921728668.

Bus leaves from The Woodman, 684 Manchester Road, Hollinwood, Oldham, Lancashire, OL9 7JT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.