Palace or Stoke

geoffchall said:
Suits me fine - I'm busy on the weekend of Jan 26/27 but free to get to a replay on Feb 5/6. Stoke far more likely to generate a replay.

That week is an international week (England play Brazil at Wembley) so I guess any replay would be the week after.

black mamba said:
happychappy said:
What's the allocation likely to be if it's Stoke

Already been discussed .....

in the event of 'safety recommendations' we think they're likely to give us the entire end .... 4,966 tickets.

Although i'm pretty sure that they're only really obliged to give us one eighth of the ground capacity in truth ..... and that would work out somewhere between 3,500 - 4,000 tickets.

Mind you , that's if it turns out to be Stoke .... Palace would be another matter , although their ground capacity , at just over 26,000 , is only about a thousand or so short of Stokes , i suppose it would be about how much cash they'd want to make from our visit. (their average crowd is just over 15,000 so far this season)
Cheers, should easily qualify for a ticket then instead of scrambling around for one

cheddar404 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
black mamba said:
Capacity ... 27,740

we'll probably get around 3,500 or so.
It will be more than that. It will be the whole end behind the goal, maybe 4500. Like we used to get in league

yep, it'll be the whole end which is 4750

Next question how many point will you need for a ticket ?

I reckon whatever tie it is is 95% certain to be on telly. Brighton or United being the Saturday evening game, it is likely to be Sunday.

markblue said:
what allocation did we get when we got beat at Stoke in the cup replay about 4 years ago (when Vieira got sent off IIRC) ?
We got full South Stand that's what we'll get again though we didn't sell out then we will this time. P.S pretty sure it was Adebayor got sent off when Shawcross went down like a sack of shit like he'd been shot.

Be a "proper" day out if its at Stoke , only 30 mins down the M6 and more than likely the whole away end for us to be loud and proud and make more noise than them dumb fuck Stokies or whatever they call themselves.

Positives.

Erm.....

Short journey and the full end.

That is all.

I'd love it to be palace. My dad is a fan and I must say they are a great club.

I've been to about 5-6 of their games over last 2 years and their fans are brilliant.

To be fair might be a bit uncomfortable if we batter them!!

Motty said:
Vienna_70 said:
Motty said:
Don't rule Palace out, they're having a great season and lets not forget Stoke lost at home to Swindon in the League Cup. Would prefer Palace but wouldn't be too upset about facing Stoke. Lets not forget, whilst we haven't won there, we also haven't lost there (in 90 mins) under Mancini.

Either way, whoever we play, a step up in performance from the Watford game will be required if we are get to through.

I thought the performance against Watford was very good.

We were at them from the off and with a bit of luck, could have had more goals.

Watford rarely threatened and apart from the odd time or two didn't look like scoring.

I'm not saying it was bad by any means. First half was good, then just coasted through the second half, happy to comfortably see the game out for 2-0 and then Lopes just nicked in with one at the end. Of course, the level of the opposition meant we were able to do that. Had the odd chance here and there but didn't exactly put their keeper under sustained pressure. Would imagine though with a tougher test in the next round we will naturally step our game up and there is not too much to worry about.

I agree that once we'd scored the second, it always felt that we were cruising through the rest of the game, but we certainly did what was required to win the tie. Mancini obviously instructed the lads not to go all-out in the second half. Maybe he was mindful of not picking up any more injuries. And why humiliate a team by scoring six or seven?

Unless it's the vermin that infests Trafford, of course.

How.?<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:31 pm --<br /><br />
The_mace said:
I'd love it to be palace. My dad is a fan and I must say they are a great club.

I've been to about 5-6 of their games over last 2 years and their fans are brilliant.

To be fair might be a bit uncomfortable if we batter them!!
How.?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.