Palace - Post Match Thread

To be honest mate I love the kid and am expecting great things from him it was more a defence of Aguero and his performances. He has been outstanding of late but seems easy to forget by some now they have a shiny new toy.
Agüero will not ever be forgotten, no matter what happens from here on out. I think he has reworked his game for Pep and I think he frightens opposition defenses to death.

TBH, given the play of Agüero, Jesus, Sané and Sterling, I think Sterling will be the one to miss out. I can't imagine how City could terrorize defenses next season with quality wing backs and Sané and Jesus cutting inside to support Agüero. With Sterling available on the bench, and with Kelechi or A.N. Other, and KDB and Silva sitting in behind them playing in the holes, it will all be down to the quality of the finishing.

Exciting times ahead, especially when we are even considering Agüero not being able to get a game! Crazy times ahead!

Great to see BFS back in the away dugout. Always standing, chewing and shouting, in the first part of the game, and always sitting, chewing and scowling, in the last part of the game.

Great second half. Some very good performances today. Silva was brilliant, Toure controlled the middle, De Bruyne was back to what he should be doing more often. His best game for months and Ottamendi was great when needed.

Not sure Fernandinho at right back works. Very uncertain first half from him.

Complete performance. From back to front. Huge three points. Buzzing for Vinny. KDB back to his best. Silva majestic and rolled back the years. Sterling and Sane also back to their most dangerous. Such a joy to watch.

I am but did not think he was on the top of his game today. If you asked me to list man of the matches he would not make my top five. The performances of Silva, KDB, Sane, Kompany were the dominant influences today. I have seen better performances from Serg but much poorer results by the side.

V Poor was a bit unfair in hindsight I must admit though.
I would agree with all of that. Although I thought Ota was very good today as well

Ya Ya man of the match for me, with KDB and Spanish Dave not far behind. Thought Otamendi was excellent too, and the difference Kompany makes to everything can't be understated. Terrific win against potential banana skin opponents

Nico loved his goal, great to see some passion from him today, he had a great game and some of his tackling was top quality.

Silva showing us again how vital he is to the team, I hope Diaz is learning all he can from him in training. I like how often the academy players are training with the first team this season, it's one of the benefits of having everything all in one place.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.