Palace v City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
Pam said:
mosssideblue said:
Whichever team is picked tonight, we have to assume that it is the best available. We have no idea on how players have trained this week or who might be carrying knocks.

I trust pellers and his sidekicks to pick the best available 11

Really?

At least give us a clue to your thinking, rather than a one word response

mosssideblue2 said:
And the alternative is to go with some of the wacky suggestions on here is it.

End of the day, we know nothing about how the players have prepared for this game.

No doubt as soon at the team is announced on here, the Samaritans will be innundated

So why do you want him to show his thinking if you think everybody's selections are WACKY? :)

For me there's no point in trying to second guess Manuel as we all KNOW (well, we don't, but we do, if you catch my drift) we'll line up in 4-4-2. It'll be Fern1(the sh*t one) + Yaya as the midfield 2, Silva on the left, probably Navas on the right, Bony/Dzeko + Kun up front, Hart in nets, Vinnie + 1 in the centre (probably Marts but could just as easily be mad-head Mangala), Zabba RB & Clichy LB.

Anything other than that I would be shocked. It's not the team I would choose, be we just know that's what it's going to be, don't we? I HOPE for change, but I'd be a fool to bet on it.

Sometimes this tried and tested formation & personnel works, sometimes it doesn't. The team selection isn't REALLY the issue is it, it's the team performance that's the issue. We KNOW that this team SHOULD do the business, but we also know from many bad experiences that it might not, and if we start off slow we generally stay at that pace for the whole game and that spells trouble IMO.

keith's curle said:
A lot on here are scared of conceding a goal, perhaps with good reason, but it needn't be a disaster.
I don't think its "scared", more resigned. Keeping clean sheets is a huge advantage to winning football matches, we seem to have finally cracked it at home now, so it would be nice to crack it away as well.

karen7 said:
Sergio was in america last week,i suspect edin or wilf will be leading the line
There is no excuse for not playing our best 11, unless there are players carrying knocks, and MP normally is too honest about this.

Full squad to pick from I think he said, so he should pick his best 11, and they should perform like they are.

If they all do the above, we will win.

Best fit 11 if they show willing, heart, desire and passion then we should have enough to win

Would love to see this (4-2-3-1) but doubt we will;

Hart
Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy
Fernandinho, Toure
Silva, Aguero, Milner
Bony

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
mosssideblue said:
Pam said:

At least give us a clue to your thinking, rather than a one word response

mosssideblue2 said:
And the alternative is to go with some of the wacky suggestions on here is it.

End of the day, we know nothing about how the players have prepared for this game.

No doubt as soon at the team is announced on here, the Samaritans will be innundated

So why do you want him to show his thinking if you think everybody's selections are WACKY? :)

For me there's no point in trying to second guess Manuel as we all KNOW (well, we don't, but we do, if you catch my drift) we'll line up in 4-4-2. It'll be Fern1(the sh*t one) + Yaya as the midfield 2, Silva on the left, probably Navas on the right, Bony/Dzeko + Kun up front, Hart in nets, Vinnie + 1 in the centre (probably Marts but could just as easily be mad-head Mangala), Zabba RB & Clichy LB.

Anything other than that I would be shocked. It's not the team I would choose, be we just know that's what it's going to be, don't we? I HOPE for change, but I'd be a fool to bet on it.

Sometimes this tried and tested formation & personnel works, sometimes it doesn't. The team selection isn't REALLY the issue is it, it's the team performance that's the issue. We KNOW that this team SHOULD do the business, but we also know from many bad experiences that it might not, and if we start off slow we generally stay at that pace for the whole game and that spells trouble IMO.

I assumed Pam would have been a "her"
You have misinterpreted my response, I wasn't asking Pam to name her team, but to respond to why she doesn't think Pellers would pick the best 11 as only he will know who has trained well and who is knock free.

I called it wacky as we mere fans know nothing when it comes to what goes on in training behind closed doors, so many BM team sewlections are at best, just that.

just go and win City.

No fucking about, just win your battles and put the ball in the fucking net or my night shift will go on till 2017.

sam-caddick said:
Absolute must win no matter how we do it, 4th position is a disgrace.

Disgrace ? Not really. Not good enough, but a disgrace.
Overreaction i think. But we are where we are, due to some real
shit performances recently.

Sorry, meant to add. I think we'll be right up for this tonight and i'm expecting
a good performance and a nice win.

hart

zabba-kompany-mangala-clichy

fernandinho-yaya

navas-silva-milner

aguero

time for us to show from what we are made of and start a streak of 8 win games till the end of season....important game also for the confidence of players for the rags game 2-1 win C'mon Cityyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.