Parade Today!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ridiculous attempt to block off John Dalton Street, to prevent fans in Albert Square to head back down to Deansgate.

All it did was create a bottle neck and fans knocking down the barriers. At this point the stewards and police tried to force them back.

Had my little boy with me and it was scary for a mo.

He loved it and for a six year-old, he's now seen three victory parades and four trophies!

Like any dad, I like to think you take all the blows, so your children don't have to.

He deserves every moment of his tender ignorance.

And I deserve every moment of my disbelief.

Went with the Missis and 4 yo twins Tolm and they took turns on my shoulders and I can't tell you how sore my neck and shoulders are this morning having these on my shoulders for over 2 hours.

But the look on their faces after the fireworks in the Square is worth every last bit of pain.

The twins loved every minute of it.

BringBackSwales said:
Has there been an "official" estimated figure put on the turnout yesterday?

100k according to the MEN. If I'm being honest, I think that the numbers were slightly down on 2012 but still a good turnout nonetheless and at least Deansgate wasn't almost "one deep in places" as gleefully stated by Mike Wedderburn when talking about United's 19th title parade 3 years ago!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ridiculous attempt to block off John Dalton Street, to prevent fans in Albert Square to head back down to Deansgate.

All it did was create a bottle neck and fans knocking down the barriers. At this point the stewards and police tried to force them back.

He loved it and for a six year-old, he's now seen three victory parades and four trophies!

Like any dad, I like to think you take all the blows, so your children don't have to.

Nice post,my thoughts exactly

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
A guy did that for my three, too. Told me he was at NEwcastle in 68, and looked after the kid's coats.

My kids loved it mate. Had to laugh about them making plans for next year's parade. They don't know their born these young 'uns ;).

Mine have never been to a game, they're just that bit too young I think: 6 year old twin boys and a 7 year old girl. But it was quite emotional seeing how involved they got in things last night. I had a bit of a tingle down the spine and thought "I never thought I'd see the day".

They'll remember that day when I'm long in the ground. "Maybe in another generation...."

No I'd say a good age for them now as I can still remember my first game at seven, take them next season because I can guarantee the atmosphere of a live game will get them hooked

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I couldn't agree more, Tolm.

My Dad took me to my first game back in April 1976 against Derby County....and I was just thinking on Sunday that it was 3 years to the day that I saw us lift our first top flight trophy in 35 years. And here we are now..5 trophies later! Awesome!

In 2012, the disbelief of winning the league for the first time in 44 years left me with a numbness..it just wouldn't sink in for weeks afterwards.

These last few days, I've taken in and enjoyed every minute...and spookily 44 years since our last double! :D

Didsbury Dave said:
Ding Dong said:
Had to laugh last night. We got a prime spot in exchange square , stood with my son and grandson, watching the full parade on the big screen.
Finaly the bus comes into view, and virtualy stops right in front of us. I`m just thinking how lucky my grandson is to see these stars every week.
When he turns to me and says " my Dad is on the bus " Yeh you wish I replied. No Grandad "MEH DAD IS ON THE BUS" And points to the livery on the side of the bus. Sure enough theres my lad stood on his seat at Wembley, arms out stretched singing his nuts off in full life sized thecnicolour.

Probably the nearest my Lad will ever get to parade two trophies around our City.
But it made three generations even more proud to be BLUE { if that was possible }

Never has the term #TOGETHER seemed more apt.

Brilliant story!

Cheers D.D.
If truth be known, I`m gutted ,coz my Lads arm obscures my head...........I was there HONEST......... ;-}

Yernited' websites claiming there was nobody at the parade even though the pictures tell the exact opposite. They're really scraping the barrell these days. EVERYTHING seems to be about the respective size of the two clubs fanbases, it's all they have to hold on to.
The didn't sign up to this, watching City be top dogs. It's hilarious how sensitive the poor dears are.

Ding Dong said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ding Dong said:
Had to laugh last night. We got a prime spot in exchange square , stood with my son and grandson, watching the full parade on the big screen.
Finaly the bus comes into view, and virtualy stops right in front of us. I`m just thinking how lucky my grandson is to see these stars every week.
When he turns to me and says " my Dad is on the bus " Yeh you wish I replied. No Grandad "MEH DAD IS ON THE BUS" And points to the livery on the side of the bus. Sure enough theres my lad stood on his seat at Wembley, arms out stretched singing his nuts off in full life sized thecnicolour.

Probably the nearest my Lad will ever get to parade two trophies around our City.
But it made three generations even more proud to be BLUE { if that was possible }

Never has the term #TOGETHER seemed more apt.

Brilliant story!

Cheers D.D.
If truth be known, I`m gutted ,coz my Lads arm obscures my head...........I was there HONEST......... ;-}

Which arm??? :)

[bigimg]http://s9.postimg.org/m251thdvz/P1030186.jpg[/bigimg]

Can I point out that the parade went like a well oiled machine, me on the other hand was just well oiled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.