Paralympics Paris

So far today i have watched the velodrome , wheelchair rugby and basketball , a couple of sports i dont know the name of but for the severly disabled in wheelchairs

The ads are fucking annoying again , think it puts a lot of people off watching which is a shame
I bet one of 'em is that Boccia - big boules by another name. Don't know which countries have this as standard fair or whether it is just played by disabled folk.

Or disabled people like me that find the Paraolympics to be far more interesting and inspiring, as every athlete has actually had to overcome immense challenges to even play their particular sport, much less compete at such a high level. And the vast majority are not on any big sponsorships or endorsement deals.
Exactly. After I watched the opening ceremony and Last Leg yesterday I watched the documentary on Adam Hills' Growing a foot.
Building a Rugby team to play in the PDRL World Cup was inspiring even though he 'glossed' over the hard work that it must have entailed, not the training etc. that was portrayed very well I felt but the raising money in such a short time to get the players and coaches over here for that World Cup.
They just got on with it, no oh poor me, just basic well this happened and now I am doing this.... great stuff.

Don't get me started!! *lol* I could wax lyrical for England (or Australia really) about how I admired them all. :-)

No, don't know who it was. Black girl. I'm assuming it's one of our lasses - just going by the colour of the kit!

Ah, she's called Cox.
Kadeena Cox! They were looking for at least a medal. Let’s hope she’s in one of the other events as well. The cyclists usually are aren’t they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.