Paralympics Paris

Thinking exactly the same. The british rider double lapped a guy from Portugal with one leg. But I guess its the time you make that counts to make it through, you dont beat the other guy, he can still make it through in theory, but wont.
There is also an automatic time adjustment depending on the severity of disability.
i saw that british swimmer earlier no arms or legs, think he was called Bob.

I'm enjoying the way Ch4 explain all the different levels of disability. How they decide which category each athlete/competitor is eligible for.

I’m in Paris and watching my wife’s cousins in the rowing on Sunday. Just finished the heat and they got the world record time. Well done Gregg Stevenson and Lauren Rowlands. Hopefully they win gold on Sunday to add to their World Championship gold that they won last year.
Good luck to them. I shall now watch out especially for them on Sunday. :-)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the most comprehensive coverage? Currently watching on RTÉ but I was wondering if there was someone providing similar to the Olympics with all the different channels.

I’ve been watching some of the athletics, cycling and swimming. All deserve credit but I think special note to swimmers, some have no upper limbs or a limb missing. That must sap so much energy from your body each length of the pool and to train and train for the events must be so tiring. Well done to them.

I’m in Paris and watching my wife’s cousins in the rowing on Sunday. Just finished the heat and they got the world record time. Well done Gregg Stevenson and Lauren Rowlands. Hopefully they win gold on Sunday to add to their World Championship gold that they won last year.
Good luck this morning.

Great win for Stevenson. Thought they where done for there to be honest, but what a final 500m. Knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:

Just watched them. Gold! That was a phenomenal finish, what a sprint. Hope there's plenty of celebrating that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.