Paranormal Experiences

As far as I'm aware, they don't do a 'talking to ghosts for beginners' module at priest school, so it always seems odd to me that people get priests round to tell them about ghosts and priests start spouting on giving it "yeah, you see, it's....." like a cowboy tradesman.

he said he was a priest - probably gave him a quote to reinstate the door too - priest/double glazing salesman are two charlatans that are interchangeable.

A few less than spiritual comments on here

Last edited:
A lot of people say 'there are things that cant be explained,' which is true, but there is a critial word missing from the end of that sentence: 'yet.'
The above is so true. Imagine if you had presented wifi or bluetooth to a Victorian audience the reaction you would have got. Still cant figure it out even now, witchcraft.

Must have been one careless caretaker of the paranormal world to only leave the door between reality and the paranormal open in the Victorian era. I lived by a site of Roman ruin for a few years, no one ever saw a ghost clad up in a tunic, armour and the best leather strap sandals a man can make.

As far as I'm aware, they don't do a 'talking to ghosts for beginners' module at priest school, so it always seems odd to me that people get priests round to tell them about ghosts and priests start spouting on giving it "yeah, you see, it's....." like a cowboy tradesman.

Responding to demand of course, unlikely that priests taking this course will be common in the UK.

Exorcism is traditionally a Christian religious rite though, even if it has taken on a new connotations because of popular culture.

Although I agree that all paranormal investigators or exorcists are con artists.

Do we have any believers here, anyone seen any ghosts or things they just cannot explain?
My brother - is one such.

Wake up! Apparent paranormal incidents are simply random occurrences - should you place faith in such events as proof that Big Foot exists, or of that God has an active had in world events, or whatever - then you're approaching this issue at odds with logic.

Hell, Big Foot might exist. God may be taking an active role in world events. And so on.

To prove/disprove such a belief - follow the scientific method.

Formulate a clearly stated hypothesis. And then perform an experiment free of confounding variables to either support or to prove very unlikely your beliefs.

Lastly, should you think that you've scientifically proven a remarkable event - then seek to publish your results - preferably in a respected scientific journal.
===
By way of counter-example, my bother claimed to have heard from God when he deeply meditated - I tried to explain that his belief was irrational - and further - that he had actual scientific evidence for the existence of God - that he had a duty to set society right - to publish his results - and to convince everyone of his belief.

No such publication is forthcoming.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.