Paranormal Experiences

There's a pub in Bosham, West Sussex called The Anchor Bleu, that my family in the early 1900's used to own.

Everytime we go down that way we pop in for a chat with the current boss. He has told us loads of weird happenings over the years including one when the cleaner came in one day to see all the kitchens pots and pans placed neatly on the floor.

No one lives in the building and he had locked up the night before. The cleaner was the first in the next day.

I called bollocks but the missus laps that sort of shit up.

I put a trolley full of shopping in one of them lockers they have in Sainsbury. Went to get a quid for the door lock but when i got back to it someone, or something, had already locked it and fucked off with the key.
According to management, the spare key had disappeared as well.
Two managers, three security guards and cctv couldn't find anything untoward..

Do we have any believers here, anyone seen any ghosts or things they just cannot explain?

I am not a believer but................

Two experiences I have had. First we had a cat when I was kid which died aged about 16 if I recall. Anyway one night I was sat having a brew with my mum - I was sat one side of the living room my mum on the other when the cat walked across the floor. I looked up and saw my mum wide eyed. I asked her had she seen it ( from the other side remember) and she said yes she had.

Once through work I was at a guys home in the village of Bempton near Flamborough. It was a bungalow he had bought and was doing up - loft conversion etc. He said something and I said "you'll be saying its haunted next" and he said it was. The original layout had a downstairs bathroom. He decided to move the bathroom into what was the hallway brick up the front door and then extend the kitchen into what was the bathroom. One day he was having lunch stood in the part finished kitchen which still had the frosted glass pane for the old bathroom in place. He saw someone walk past silhouetted in the window but there was no knock at the door so he went out to check no-one was mooching around the back. Then he realised there were steps down from the door so someone walking past would have to be 8 ft tall. Then we went into the new bathroom - it was fucking freezing on a warm summers day. He said his young son would no longer have a bath in there because every time he did a strange man came in and stood there. He then invited me to see there were no draughts in the hall or bathroom and left the door open. He said that angers the spirit and .....SLAM!! I fucking shat myself. The door was proper slammed shut.

They had a priest come and he said there is a malevolent spirit trapped in the bungalow angered because the front door has been bricked up and the exit "blocked".

I swear now that both these incidences are true however to me they are unexplained not "hauntings" or something so I remain a disbeliever.

I am not a believer but................

Two experiences I have had. First we had a cat when I was kid which died aged about 16 if I recall. Anyway one night I was sat having a brew with my mum - I was sat one side of the living room my mum on the other when the cat walked across the floor. I looked up and saw my mum wide eyed. I asked her had she seen it ( from the other side remember) and she said yes she had.

Once through work I was at a guys home in the village of Bempton near Flamborough. It was a bungalow he had bought and was doing up - loft conversion etc. He said something and I said "you'll be saying its haunted next" and he said it was. The original layout had a downstairs bathroom. He decided to move the bathroom into what was the hallway brick up the front door and then extend the kitchen into what was the bathroom. One day he was having lunch stood in the part finished kitchen which still had the frosted glass pane for the old bathroom in place. He saw someone walk past silhouetted in the window but there was no knock at the door so he went out to check no-one was mooching around the back. Then he realised there were steps down from the door so someone walking past would have to be 8 ft tall. Then we went into the new bathroom - it was fucking freezing on a warm summers day. He said his young son would no longer have a bath in there because every time he did a strange man came in and stood there. He then invited me to see there were no draughts in the hall or bathroom and left the door open. He said that angers the spirit and .....SLAM!! I fucking shat myself. The door was proper slammed shut.

They had a priest come and he said there is a malevolent spirit trapped in the bungalow angered because the front door has been bricked up and the exit "blocked".

I swear now that both these incidences are true however to me they are unexplained not "hauntings" or something so I remain a disbeliever.

The cat was a hallucination probably triggered by familiar stimuli, a certain sight, sound or smell or routine. It's common for people to experience this after losing a pet. What's unusual is that you and your mum experienced it at the same time, but then you are related and presumably shared the same house and similar memories and experiences.

I had a very brief hallucination of seeing an old friend near the bar in a pub. A second later she was gone, definitely wasn't a case of mistaken identity etc.
It was a place we had met before and maybe I was apprehensive about bumping into her as I had stopped seeing her.

The cat was a hallucination probably triggered by familiar stimuli, a certain sight, sound or smell or routine. It's common for people to experience this after losing a pet. What's unusual is that you and your mum experienced it at the same time, but then you are related and presumably shared the same house and similar memories and experiences.

I had a very brief hallucination of seeing an old friend near the bar in a pub. A second later she was gone, definitely wasn't a case of mistaken identity etc.
It was a place we had met before and maybe I was apprehensive about bumping into her as I had stopped seeing her.

Possibly but that cat had been dead @ 4 or 5 years at that point. My mum had cancer at the time and was having treatment and her then cat just upped and moved out two doors away presumably sensing what was coming and not wanting to be around. I have often wondered if ...and its a huge IF coz as I say I don't really believe but was this the old cat coming back for one last goodbye?

I once saw a lass on a tube train at Finchley that I knew so I sent her a text asking if she was on the train. She texted back reminding me that she had a 3 week old child and was at home breast feeding him at the time in Stockton on Tees....so that was just a lookee likee not a paranormal event - Mulder and Scully were stood down lol

Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks. How many millions of people have died, but you only get the odd spirit knocking about, generally only hang about creepy old houses, seem to only like night time, and seem to only come from certain time frames, victorian seems to be a favourite. Never see a 70's ghost in flares queuing up in McDonald's at 11 in the morning. And why do they have clothes on anyway? Do clothes have spirits?
Don't start me on mediums either. Charlatans that prey on the vulnerable. If they really do have special powers, why are there so many missing people? That poor woman that spent her entire like searching the moors for her son. Why didn't any of these special people help her?
My mates said this for years. He says if in 100 years from now will we have people saying the ghost is called Darren instead of Mary and in a full tracksuit with Nike AirMax on

I highly recommend the podcast 'Radio Rental' (you can find it on Acast). It's a compilation of real people telling weird and creepy stories; some seemingly paranormal, some factual but odd.

I'm skeptical and scientifically-inclined, don't believe in the paranormal, but the stories are entertaining and thought-provoking. Some do come across as sincere, others not so: my favourite is 'Doppelganger', which I'm convinced is the teller's elaborate tale to cover up the fact that he was nearly caught cheating on his girlfriend.

At 61 years old there have only been two occurrences in my life I find impossible to explain.

Between the ages of 5 and 17 my mum, dad and 4 siblings lived in a large detached Victorian house with 3 upper floors and a cellar. The top floor, we called the "attic", had, at some point, been a maid's room because, even when we lived there, there was a bell which could be rung from downstairs. We used the room as a snooker room and had a 3/4 size slate-bed table up there.

Because it was a large house it wasn't unusual to arrive home and have to look around a bit to see if anyone else was in. Sometimes, you could tell my dad and my brother were in the attic playing snooker by that distinctive clack as snooker balls hit each other.

One day I arrived home, heard the clack, and shouted a greeting but got no reply. They probably didn't hear me, so I went in the kitchen and grabbed a snack before heading up to join them. As I made my way up the two flights of stairs I could clearly hear the clack, clack of shots being played. When I got there, the door to the playroom was closed which was unusual and I thought it a bit odd. Even more odd was that when I opened the door there was no-one there. And the balls were all in the pockets where we usually left them when we finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.