Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

KDB not playing well.

Mahrez played today like a one trick pony. Messi showing him what an elite player should do cutting in from the wing.

Grealish had no one helping him or anyone to aim for in the middle.

Sterling does nothing.

Rodri and Walker were excellent.
I think Pep knows he just has to play Kev into form, he’s one of those players that just needs minutes.

We were a bit lucky with both wins vs PSG last season, now we played better, created more than in April, but couldn't score. Two games vs two of the very best teams in the world over just 3 days is very difficult. We'll probably score and win at Anfield though.

Pep didn't play our best team, for Foden and Jesus offer more than Sterling and Mahrez right now. But you can't win anything with just 12-13 players. You need a happy squad.

Hopefully we can win trophies without an out and out striker. I quite like the team that played at Chelsea. It was phenomenal. Today the team was good as well.

Last edited:
Hate losing to bus parkers. The should have bought a striker debate will rage whenever we lose - and it must be a priority next purchase - but we have players who can strike the ball better than we saw tonight. Donna is top keeper but wouldn't have stopped their goals.

Rodri is the MOTM for me.

The rest of the team did well apart from the front 3.

& I wouldn't blame Sterling when Pep plays him as a striker.

Foden showed again that he is better LW than Grealish.
Foden didn’t actually play that well for me, but didn’t have long enough to have any real impavt..

Scoring is what counts in football.

They defended brilliantly and were clinical.

We had more possession but wasteful.
If I were Poch I would be seriously worried about their defending. We had so many clear cut chances against them.

Frustrating game tonight, what should've been 1-1 always looked like it was going to end 2-0. We huffed, we puffed throughout but never really looked like blowing their house down. Two clinical finishes were the difference and, to be fair, the Bernardo chance aside, we never looked like we were going to produce anything that PSG hadn't planned for.

Chelsea did win it without striker.
but they have a different way of playing like a relegation team. if we are willing to play like that sure we can win it without one. but for the way we play we need someone to put the ball in the net to make our dominance useful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.