Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Watching it live I thought we were much the better side before their goal.

They had a couple of minutes of possession before the goal and the commentators said “it’s been coming” but I didn’t really think so at the time, I thought they scored against the run of play really.

Neymar was brilliant in the first half but I never felt they were outplaying us, it was a really high standard and they did look the best team we’ve played this season, but it seemed a preety

But going in to half time it felt a bit like the Villa game to me. Pep had picked the right team, there was no need to change anything and we just needed to be patient.

Second half I thought we comprehensively outclassed them. I noticed we essentially went to 442 with DeBruyne and Bernado pressing their centre halves really high up and they couldn’t live with us.

For all of the criticism Pep (quite rightly) faced after Lyon last year, he deserves huge credit for this game.

Had the confidence to play our strongest team. To our strengths. Then had the insight and intelligence to make a little tweak at half time and then the introduction of Zinchenko, all of which played a key role in us winning the game.
agree with that, listened to it on radio manchester then at midnight watched the full match on city-x. totally different watching the match, kept watching for the psg domination that i was expecting. I did see City on the back foot at times, something that rarely happens but Ed did not have to fling himself about, the odd sliding tackle by defenders but that was about it. Second hallf was situation normal, great pressing up front, calm passing out of defense, and psg were forced to rely on counter-attacks. The match got a bit scrappy, the ref was far too lenient with psg surrounding him waving imaginary cards in his face.

People say kdb‘s goal was a fluke shot but no one talks about that top spin laser guided pin point drop ball that ruined psg defenders and navas career and made them look like sunday pub league players.
Yes i’ll take that fluke goal everyday.

I know I shouldn't allow myself to get wound up by it but I keep hearing our goals were lucky. For the first De Bruyne sees both our centre backs are still up and sends in a good ball, defenders and keeper don't know what to do. You see it fairly regularly with well delivered free kicks that go in with no touch, Navas would have to be psychic to do anything about it. For the second, can you imagine if it was Stones and Sterling who dodged the shot in the wall, would that be seen as very unlucky on our part/a fluke for PSG. They'd get absolutely slammed from all quarters, on here it'd go down in infamy along with Nasri turning his back against United, Kolarov jogging back against Southampton and Mahrez penalty miss at Anfield.

They're the type of goal you can concede if you decide to sit deep with 9men and give up a bunch of clumsy fouls.

Mbape officially injured, watching L'equipe (famous football chat show in France) they are saying he actually played injured against Man City Wednesday.

People say kdb‘s goal was a fluke shot but no one talks about that top spin laser guided pin point drop ball that ruined psg defenders and navas career and made them look like sunday pub league players.
It's not a fluke, but it is fortunate, as it's clearly a cross, and Stones very close to getting there.

If we defended that badly it would be slated on here, like their goal was, one of three free headers from corners in the first half, luckily they only got one on target, same "bad" defending.

Look - let's not quibble.

If we are at our best in the next tie, we'll advance - barring misfortune.

My point though - is that we're very lucky indeed to come home with a 2-1 advantage.

PSG are class - this tie isn't over.

Ahead a man with 10+ minutes remaining - that the score didn't end 3-1 or more in our favor - a missed opportunity. I hope that this doesn't come home to bite us in the 2nd leg.
I refer you to the Leeds match for a possible answer.
See if you can work it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.