Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem for me is simple.

Can we take our chances?

Sunday we did not and it nearly cost us.

Can we cut out mistakes?

It will depend on walker not having a dim moment. Laporte/stones not falling apart. We need technical players. It is a difficult call but I would play Zin at Lb, walker rb, drop Gundo for Cancelo in midfield. I know mr whippy is 1 of the best at controlling the match but I fear if we go slow in midfield we won’t get the chance to dominate.

Eddie needs to step up this game and make the necessary saves.

We will either play fantastic or get caught and lose by 1/2.

I am still going for a 2-2 draw.

Interestingly, the 538 statistical model portrays Dortmund as slightly better than PSG. Of course, it's imperfect. But I wouldn't completely dismiss it.

PSG have better players than Dortmund and two exceptional forwards in Neymar and Mbappé. Judging by his performances against Bayern, Neymar might be the best player in the world right now. If Dortmund had Neymar next to Haaland, the tie would have been closer.

At the same time, Dortmund have more energy than PSG and ran a lot more over both legs against us than PSG vs Bayern. PSG covered just 100 km in Paris, which is very poor. If they repeat it against us, they will get dominated.

I watched Bayern vs Dortmund back in March (?) and the game was very similar to that between Bayern and PSG in Munich. The main difference was that Bayern had Lewandowski and were more prolific.

So, we have probably a better team than PSG. We need to be at our A game, press them relentlessly (Bayern didn't in Paris) and not being wasteful. We should also stay calm if they score first and keep in mind that there's a 2nd leg. It will be important to score though, so we shouldn't be too calm :)

Last edited:
What a game this is going to be it’s come round quick. Don’t really know what to expect maybe a score draw or obviously a win would be great. Hope Pep sticks to a similar team we have been playing and let us just play our game. Come on City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.