Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we wouldn't have an away goal, Dortmund were ahead in the 1/4 tie until Mahrezs penalty.

If Psg score 1st in 2nd leg (0-0 from 1st leg) we would start to chase the game and probably concede again. If we go into the 2nd leg 2-1 down we can play our natural game without chasing the game ala Leeds, no high defensive line knowing we only need to win 1-0.

Obviously PSG score 1st making it 3-1 over the 2 legs makes it extremely difficult but not impossible to take it to extra time but PSG would have the advantage in et.
1st leg PSG 2-1 City
2nd leg City 0-0 PSG
Result = PSG go through

Or

1st leg PSG 0-0 City
2nd leg City 0-0 PSG
Result = City win on penalties ;)

Yeah it absolutely makes sense let's play for the loss.

Because we wouldn't have an away goal, Dortmund were ahead in the 1/4 tie until Mahrezs penalty.

If Psg score 1st in 2nd leg (0-0 from 1st leg) we would start to chase the game and probably concede again. If we go into the 2nd leg 2-1 down we can play our natural game without chasing the game ala Leeds, no high defensive line knowing we only need to win 1-0.

Obviously PSG score 1st making it 3-1 over the 2 legs makes it extremely difficult but not impossible to take it to extra time but PSG would have the advantage in et.
so your logic is that losing 2-1 away, we only need to win 1-0 at home.
if we drew 0-0 away we’d still go through winning 1-0 at home.

there is no way that losing is better than not losing.
sorry, but that’s just a fact.

_______________Eddy_________________

_Cancelo____Dias_____Laporte_____Zinny_

______________Ferna__________________

_______Bernie___________Rodri___________

___Ferran_____Gabby_______Raz_________

This is how we win...Completely catch PSG offguard

Entitled to your opinion mate, but if we start that team we are fucked imo.

We need Foden on the team sheet.

Counting down until this game on Thursday morning. I think we have them covered as we are more of squad/team then them and as others have posted our defence is a lot better then them. I feel our system is miles in front of theirs, and they rely on Neymar and Mbappe for most of their goals. Of course they have plenty of quality elsewhere but it all comes from those two for them I feel. Walker at right back is the go for me, he has the pace to deal with Mbappe, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fernandinho starts with Rodri or in his place to deal with Neymar when he floats centrally.

As long as we take our chances we should be able to better them over two legs, we can't miss chances like we did against Spurs on Sunday, we must take them.

If we get out of Paris with a result, or at worst a score draw it's ours to lose.

Absolutely pumped for it to see us in the semis of this competition where we belong.

I think the whole 2-1 loss over 0-0 is being looked at the viewer's own comfort level when watching the second leg ... because whatever the score-line from first leg, if we have one or two away goals in the bag already, then if (or more like 'when') they score at the Etihad, then we won't be panicking so much having our own away goals in the bank to counter that. It really is only if both ties end up in a draw (on aggregate) then the away goals come in to play. Agree that best is to win outright but I guess the poster arguing for away goals is more thinking of how that can make the second leg slightly comfortable watch to begin with ... not having that and they score first would mean any kind of (aggregate) draw is out of question and that might put more pressure having to go forward and open up more and them being a perfect counter attacking side that can do downhill quickly from there.

Oh well, all these team selections and goal scenarios and first leg this or second leg that are just hypotheticals, it will be what it will ... sit back and enjoy ... we've picked one trophy already ... Premier League is coming shortly ... and we're in the Semi Final of the CL ... no pressure, it's not like we're going for a Quad anymore, had we been in the FA Cup final as well I think we'd be putting a lot more pressure on ourselves.

On a separate issue just heard "Full lockdown in Turkey from 29.4.21 until 19.5.21" so I guess Final in Istanbul (that's just a few days post that period) won't really be having even 8k fans like there were yesterday at Wembley.

Ederson, Rodri and Bernardo for Steffen, Fernandinho and Sterling the only changes I’d make personally. Close shout between Stones/Laporte and Zinchenko/Cancelo, but I’d probably stick with the two who played today.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo
Rodri
Gundogan
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Foden

I thought Cancelo was very good against Spurs.

However, have a feeling Jesus and Zinchenko may start.

Tough one to call.

On a separate issue just heard "Full lockdown in Turkey from 29.4.21 until 19.5.21" so I guess Final in Istanbul (that's just a few days post that period) won't really be having even 8k fans like there were yesterday at Wembley.
It should be moved now to a country where fans of all 4 potential finalists would have the best chance of travelling to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.