Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to people's thoughts RE left back tomorrow - Cancelo and Zinchenko are battling it out and both offer more in certain areas while neither particularly excel at defending (both competent enough, though, IMO).

I just can't decide which one really. I'm leaning to Zinchenko purely for the fact he seems to give it away less carelessly than Cancelo does.
It's Mendy then?

I'm curious as to people's thoughts RE left back tomorrow - Cancelo and Zinchenko are battling it out and both offer more in certain areas while neither particularly excel at defending (both competent enough, though, IMO).

I just can't decide which one really. I'm leaning to Zinchenko purely for the fact he seems to give it away less carelessly than Cancelo does.
Zinchenko is a better defender. We can't afford to leave any gaps at the back. Cancelo is more creative but I can't see him starting. He is much better on the right in any event and Kyle is a must-start. The big decision is Stones or Laporte. Laporte may have played himself in after Sunday. I trust Pep to get it right.

It's a tough call. Zinch does have great ball retention, wins nearly every header he goes for (apart from the one he ducked on Sunday!), he's also pretty consistent, whereas Cancelo adds a bit of chaos to his play and is unpredictable, which can be both a good and bad thing, because it's his risk-taking that can make or break the run of play - also very risky with Mbappe on the pitch, who can be gone in a flash! Cancelo did a great job of pinning back the left side against Spurs.

This is the major decision IMO.

Whoever it is will be up against Di Maria who is PSG's biggest creative threat.

I think Zinchenko's higher/narrower midfield position will suit the game better to get to Di Maria early and stop him. He's 33 years old now, if he wants to try and run in behind Zinchenko, let him, he's not got the legs or stamina to do it for 90.

Zinchenko also really helps us keep the ball, and the midfield possession battle vs. Paredes, Gueye and Veratti is going to be huge.

Lack of goals is my big worry about this semi final.
We simply have to be better, maybe we need a No 9.
Our bagfuls of goals have dried up.
I'm expecting two very tense matches here, can't see there being many goals at all tbqh, maybe three over the two legs. Neymar and Mbappe make me worried though, keep those two quiet and we should be ok.

Funny you should ask that as I have just been looking at what their fans think. The vast majority, that I can see, are very confident. Arrogant even. Underestimating us.

They should bet on themselves because not one bookmaker agrees.

As you would expect it’s mainly based on their confidence in Neymar and Mbappe. They are also ignoring the huge amounts of luck they had beating Barca and Bayern and believe they are better than them and us. Its also based on their speed vs a high line.

They also think that their squad is better than ours now they are all fully fit.

Honestly they are no better than Dortmund and are struggling to win the French League with their superstars.

In the CL they’ve lost to United and Leipzig. We have lost to NOBODY The only team unbeaten.

Transfermarkt have City valued at £924 million and PSG at £746 million and we are at full strength too.

Contrast their self belief with some City fans posting they are “scared” of PSG (not that I can see that on BM by the way)

Decent officials and no fuck ups = not a problem for us. They’re just not as good as they think they are.
Bayern battered them in that first leg. I think they had 27 shots, not half chances either. It could easily have finished 5-1. PSG are weak at the back and we can exploit it. If we turn up and play our best form then we will win but there are lots of risks with people like Mbappe on the pitch. He's probably the best in the world these days. What a great time to be a City fan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.