Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he goes with the tried and tested? Anything else and he's over thinking it.

Ederson
Walker
Zincenko
Dias
Stones
Rodri
Gundo
Silva
KDB
Foden
Mahrez

There is only one position that could possibly up for debate and that's stones.
I think he'll start Stones, because he can't play him on the weekend or v Chelsea.

I'm concerned about that because I think he's been off form since the international break and he's had a couple of bad moments when we've been countered (goal against Leeds, goal against Dortmund away, red card against Villa). Mbappe and Neymar are two of the best players in the world and they'll exploit him.

Laporte played very well on Sunday and deserves a start.

I'm curious as to people's thoughts RE left back tomorrow - Cancelo and Zinchenko are battling it out and both offer more in certain areas while neither particularly excel at defending (both competent enough, though, IMO).

I just can't decide which one really. I'm leaning to Zinchenko purely for the fact he seems to give it away less carelessly than Cancelo does.

Losing the away tie is always more difficult than drawing the away tie.

Draw nil-nil away and win 1-0 at home and you still go through.

By best result, it is:

Win
Score draw
Goalless draw
Scoring defeat
Defeat without scoring

It's a mental thing with the away goal that makes people think that a 2-1 loss is better than a 0-0 draw. They're thinking "we only would need to win 1-0 at home to progress" and "if they score we'd have to score twice". But the second thought applies in both scenarios, they just dismiss it for the first!

I'm curious as to people's thoughts RE left back tomorrow - Cancelo and Zinchenko are battling it out and both offer more in certain areas while neither particularly excel at defending (both competent enough, though, IMO).

I just can't decide which one really. I'm leaning to Zinchenko purely for the fact he seems to give it away less carelessly than Cancelo does.
Pep will probably go Mendy and we all collectively lose our minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.