Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Walker Dias Stones Zinchenko*
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Gundogan
Mahrez Torres Grealish​

*If fit else Cancelo fills in.

I don’t think Pep would want to rest 11 players for Sunday because this is also a very important match as we need to finish top of gfs group. Resting 6 out of 11 is a fair number and I think that’s what he’ll do.

Who would have thought you could get 3 games in a row to such opponents. Only the PL could’ve drawn up those fixtures, knowing what was coming from UEFA in the match schedule. They probably thought that the Brentford game for Liverpool was a dead cert but, as they had to dig in, it helps us a little because they do have to play a decent Porto side.

As for PSG, they’ve had the usual mid-table sides to play against in their own league so should be able to concentrate on this game. However, due to the lack of intensity in their league, will it have an adverse effect?

I think a lot of PL pressure was lifted with the win against Chelsea. It almost feels like a loss against Liverpool won't be the end of the world as I just don't think they will win the league, but Chelsea will do.

PSG will want some revenge for last season and will be formidable up front. It's probably the greatest test that we'll ever had! Messi, Neymar and Mbappe is the best forward line in world football ... maybe ever?

I'm not sure on the team but I'd like to see us keep a clean sheet if we can. And I think we can do it. Dias is looking an absolute monster at the moment and Walker is absolutely superb at the moment. Laporte looks like he's getting back to his old form as well. When these three are on form, it almost doesn't matter who the opponents are!

right tin hat on ?

i think pep and city can afford lose this game and still win the group
for me the liverpool game has more on it long term than short term champions league group stages
rotate and rest the big players only play players than need game time like sterling mahrez gundogan zinchenko ake stones fernandinho torres

right tin hat on ?

i think pep and city can afford lose this game and still win the group
for me the liverpool game has more on it long term than short term champions league group stages
rotate and rest the big players only play players than need game time like sterling mahrez gundogan zinchenko ake stones fernandinho torres
And hopefully still get a result..

Ederson
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Gundogan
Mahrez Torres Grealish​

I don’t think Pep would want to rest 11 players for Sunday because this is also a very important match as we need to finish top of gfs group. Resting 6 out of 11 is a fair number and I think that’s what he’ll do.
Sterling for Grealish rests seven.

Ederson
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Gundogan
Mahrez Torres Grealish​

grealish has played almost every game lol foden just came back from injury and hes young he can play and sterling deserves a shot too. Stones probs not fit enough to start yet. Zinchenko is injured from my knowledge

I'd make a lot of swaps, but I wonder if there is an opportunity to get Foden and Kev some more minutes. Knowing how Pep sees these things, a win in PSG basically guarantees our progression where a loss at Anfield doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things, so I don't think it'll be as weakened as some others think.

Could see trying Grealish and Kev in the middle with Mahrez, Foden and Torres up front.

Shuffle the pack as much as possible. PSG drawing with Brugge gives us a freebie here. We can get smacked and still win the group.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko (if he's injured ake left back dias in)
Fernandinho
Gundogan (if fit, if not Grealish)
Kdb (60 minutes for fitness)
Mahrez
Sterling
Torres.

That team doesn't make us favourites but it could still get points. I'd sooner get smashed and be fresh for anfield weekend than go all out in what could very well end up a meaningless game and suffer at the weekend because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.