Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

In 1968 I had my first job interview, it was the day the creatures from the swamp were heading to Wembley to play Benfica. I saw blue rosettes in coaches (they wore blue that night for those who weren’t around). I thought one day soon that’s going to be us. Well, it’s taken a long time and we’ve had to put up with mountains of crap in those years, but now is the time. Let’s seize it and enjoy it. Personally, I’m loving every moment of it. Total dominance over PSG, reducing them to petulant, vindictive idiots. What’s not to love?

Being from Ireland, I was surrounded by rags and dippers growing up throughout the late 80s and 90s. My da was a blue and although it was a very different time in terms of the availability of information, live matches etc if you weren't a "top team" I just couldn't help following this mystical team that I only saw for 5 minutes on a Saturday night called "Manchester city" (NEVER man city in our house). The 90s were dire, the noughties were better and the 10s exploded. I know for a fact that if I hadn't started supporting city all those years ago I wouldn't have had half the relationship I did with my dad who was my best mate. There are no city fans near us really, we were always known as "the city fans" in our area as if we were some sort of unknown species.

My dad died prematurely in August last year, his last game was the Lyon debacle. Even then, as I was fuming he said "that team owes us nothing son". At this stage we didn't know he was about to pass away and subsequently that line stuck with me.

Last night was only 8 and a half months after that Lyon game and we look like the best team in world football, we've reached the promised land and on course to maybe, just maybe do the treble.

I don't mind admitting that after the euphoria of the final whistle had calmed I shed a tear thinking about my da and what he would have made of this team and this season.

You have them rags and dippers twats with their "it means more" slogans and all that bullshit....

DOES. IT. FUCK! CTID!

Absolutely dominated them. Pep has us purring like a machine. Loving the false 9 formation. Dinho was ridiculously good as was Diaz.

All those years of watching city up and down the divisions ,relegations ,promotions,trying to catch the results of the game in the sports paper the next day when we were in division 2(I grew up in the west of Ireland so had no way of getting the result on the day)

watching the red shower of shite from the swamp dominate for my teenage years but being so proud to be the only blue kid I knew .

I wore my shirt every training football session. I got unmercifully mocked by every united , liverpool and arsenal fan until people actually came to respect the level of my unwavering support for something they just couldn't understand.

I was born in Manchester ,all my family are city fans.its in my blood .iv been through every high and low of the club just like all of you,even if I couldn't get to the games as much as I'd like .Every game good and bad that's happened I have shared with a family member that's present or gone and they are memories il always cherish.

So I just want to say thanks City for everything .you were amazing last night the club,the manager ,the players the staff ,the fans.last night brought a tear to my eye .. everything we have all been through together feels so worth it.. none of the fans of so called other big clubs could ever understand what we have been through and what it means to be right here right now ...

They think we don't belong here but we do , now Let's go on and win it !!?
emotional stuff, speaks for many of us i suspect, Nice one, blue

Never in a million years is that Mahrez.
He was born and brought up in France.
But he will have family in Algeria. I don't know but I wouldn't rule it out just because he was born and brought up in France.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.