Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

Re: Parker agreed terms [Merged]

Hes alright, thats about it though. Yes he could do a decent job for us for a little bit, but he isnt the most exciting signing is he?

He'll also do the job Johnson is so incapable of at the mo due to 'unforeseen' circumstances

When we played well last year we had a runner (Johnno) with a fair player (Elano)

Now it'll be a runner (Parker) with flair (Ireland) backed up with some steel (Kompany)

I'm really happy with that. Absoloute quality signing. When we get rid of Dunne, we can move Parker in DM and I'm sure he can handle it there with Kompany at CB. Either way good job Hughes another quality premiership proven signing.

i think a decent buy. remember we have to build a squad not just a team and these types of players (fringe players eventually) have to come first before the superstars. rob was a one off.
who would we prefer in our squad, hamann or parker?
i for one was impressed with him when we beat them earlier in season.

Stevinio said:
cheshireblue said:
Stevinio said:
We're desperately short of midfielders. Parker works hard and lets the flair players get on with their job and he's finding his form again. He'll be a good signing for me especially as Diarra and Senna aren't coming, even if he is a stopgap until the summer. Can anyone name a better midfielder that's available and willing to come to us at the moment? I just hope it's not at the expense of Superman.

I'm sorry but placing Diarra, Senna and Scott Parker in the same mould is just a joke.

I think you've miss understood me fella. I didn't say he was better/as good. I said he would be a good stop gap signing. You've gotta agree he's better than Hamann and backpass Gelson.

Sorry, fair point on Hamann & Gelson. I just think it's an underwhelming signing. I don't expect Kaka, Senna, Villa etc but Scott Parker is hardly pushing the boat out in my opinion.

Biggsy1 said:
I just cant understand some people we sign a new player and people are moaning ffs, imagine what the selling clubs fans are feeling like. Jesus some people are never happy!

Spot on - and he's a good buy for me, much more of an all-rounder than Elano will ever be. Elano can be class on his day but falls into the 'luxury' player category for me.

Decent signing IMO. Not earth shattering, but the kind of solid, box-to-box player that we're missing.

Also weakens West Ham...

So that's 2. Who's next?

cheshireblue said:
Stevinio said:
cheshireblue said:
Stevinio said:
We're desperately short of midfielders. Parker works hard and lets the flair players get on with their job and he's finding his form again. He'll be a good signing for me especially as Diarra and Senna aren't coming, even if he is a stopgap until the summer. Can anyone name a better midfielder that's available and willing to come to us at the moment? I just hope it's not at the expense of Superman.

I'm sorry but placing Diarra, Senna and Scott Parker in the same mould is just a joke.

I think you've miss understood me fella. I didn't say he was better/as good. I said he would be a good stop gap signing. You've gotta agree he's better than Hamann and backpass Gelson.

Sorry, fair point on Hamann & Gelson. I just think it's an underwhelming signing. I don't expect Kaka, Senna, Villa etc but Scott Parker is hardly pushing the boat out in my opinion.

Theres not many player's you can get in jan though mate. He'll do a job for us and hes a grafter just what we need atm.

Good solid signing IMO, if he stays fit, certainly an improvement on what we've got. As for being a possible replacement for Ireland - 2 totally different types of players.

Anyway lets hope both he & Bridge show the type of form needed to get us climbing up the league along with regaining England positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.