Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

Re: Parker agreed terms [Merged]

markbmcfc said:
Calm down guys, we cant have 11 superstars that cost £30m+ each.

We need depth, experience and steel in our squad, Bridge and Parker are two good signings that will give us that. Hughes knows he needs a blend of premiership experience and flair, do we really need more flair? Sometimes you need low key players that just get the job done. Look at Kevin Horlock - would Ali Benarbia have been so effective if he didnt have Horlock covering him?

Parker is a box to box midfielder who can tackle, pass and shoot, something we dont have in Elano and dont have on the bench. He isnt a world beater, but he's better than what we have.

This is only day 4, nearly day 5, and we've got two established premier league players, they will bring a lot of quality to the team, and there is still 26 days for "star" players to come in. Patience chaps.

how the fuck can you come out with crap like "he can shoot"? he's only scored seventeen goals in his entire career!!!

It's on the website now, sorry if this is posted elsewhere....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4745527,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 27,00.html</a>

Ntini77 said:
'Calm down guys, we cant have 11 superstars that cost £30m+ each.'

True but by the looks of things we're going to have lots of 10-15m+ players that just aren't that good.

I understand Hughes going after Parker but if he signs Bellamy I'll be sick as a pig.

You don't think Bridge is good enough?

RobinJo said:
Ntini77 said:

True but by the looks of things we're going to have lots of 10-15m+ players that just aren't that good.

I understand Hughes going after Parker but if he signs Bellamy I'll be sick as a pig.

We need balance.

Yes but we don't need a raging injury prone striker.

Ducado said:
vbr said:
Scott Parker is fucking shite and the fact that some of you are happy with Parker coming in for any figure being quoted is baffling. We need a top quality centre mid not mediocre shite like Parker who will be warming benches after the summer or being crocked for months at a time.

and we know EXACTLY what he does.

He defends
He protects the back four
He breaks up play
He tackles
He fights
He runs
He passes 5 yard balls to better players than he is

He is JUST what we need and we will see KOMPANY get forward a lot more now

Anybody who doesn't know what they get with SP does not understand football

Good post Ducado

Bluemoon115 said:
Ntini77 said:

You don't think Bridge is good enough?

Yeah I do.

Ducado said:
vbr said:
Scott Parker is fucking shite and the fact that some of you are happy with Parker coming in for any figure being quoted is baffling. We need a top quality centre mid not mediocre shite like Parker who will be warming benches after the summer or being crocked for months at a time.

and we know EXACTLY what he does.

He defends
He protects the back four
He breaks up play
He tackles
He fights
He runs
He passes 5 yard balls to better players than he is

He is JUST what we need and we will see KOMPANY get forward a lot more now

Anybody who doesn't know what they get with SP does not understand football

What the fuck are you talking about? Kompany getting forward a lot more? Why the fuck would you want Big Vinnie to get forward a lot more, he's not an attacking guy. He's a CENTRAL DEFENDER by trade, that's where he's always played since his youth, he's playing a Defensive Midfielder role at the moment, you've just listed what Kompany's job in midfield is supposed to do. We don't want Parker to come in and just sit his arse infront of the back four playing 5 yard passes out to the shite we've got on the park just for the attacks to break down once more. We need someone like Ireland who'll run box to box, get forward a lot and get back a lot and isn't afraid to put in tackles. Parker isn't that kind of midfielder and if you deny that you don't know what we're gonna get with Parker.

Ntini77 said:
RobinJo said:
Ntini77 said:

We need balance.

He is not a striker is he?

Ntini77 said:
RobinJo said:
Ntini77 said:

We need balance.

I'm talking of Parker and Bridge.

Quality signings. However much they cost.

Ducado said:
Ntini77 said:
RobinJo said:
Ntini77 said:

We need balance.

He is not a striker is he?

I'm talking about the Bellamy reports here, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.