Parking restrictions possibly next season

Blue Maverick

For those that don’t know they are looking to introduce a huge residential area parking round the ground possibly due to start next season this is the area covered

Attachments

• BD037AB4-074F-4012-B815-E4391F8C678C.png
    BD037AB4-074F-4012-B815-E4391F8C678C.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
For those that don’t know they are looking to introduce a huge residential area parking round the ground possibly due to start next season this is the area covered
It is bigger than that area unfortunately, for example it the whole of lord North Street and beyond to the east. While the street itself isn't going to be residents parking, yellow lines that apply to 11pm, so no one parking.

The daft thing is the new arena will have loads of one time visitors who wouldn't be parking on industrial and abandoned roads 1 mile away. There are no options for me that don't add 4 hours onto the round trip.

Ridiculous. Really are trying their best to put people off attending. Now you will have to stump up another 10+ quid a game for parking.

I park on a side street near a load of shithole industrial buildings so absolutely no residents are inconvenienced

It is bigger than that area unfortunately, for example it the whole of lord North Street and beyond to the east. While the street itself isn't going to be residents parking, yellow lines that apply to 11pm, so no one parking.

The daft thing is the new arena will have loads of one time visitors who wouldn't be parking on industrial and abandoned roads 1 mile away. There are no options for me that don't add 4 hours onto the round trip.
I know it’s here
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...llar-site-development-thread.328878/page-1120
but thats a slightly clearer picture than those diagrams, it’s a clusterfuck, City will struggle for staff parking never mind fans.

I usually park near Ashbury's Station so doesn't look like that will be directly affected but presume many of the people who are affected will find new places to park - including where I normally park - so will be indirectly affected.

I raised this months ago with the city council and the club - it includes areas where stewards and other staff park (nowhere near houses). Has it gone through a Traffic Regulation Order yet, or just still being considered? On the east side the Zone would extend to the Tameside boundary - and on the north the boundary would mean no. 78 on one road would be in it, but not no. 80. Displacing parking from industrial areas to residential areas is just daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.