Partridge

Remember watching Series 2 and wanting him back on a 'chat show' format...but soon realised if was a better series (I caught a bit of Knowing Me the other night...it looks so old now)...so I'll give this another whirl. Oddly, my young kids like Partridge after watching the film then this new series...so it's introduced the character to a 'new audience' as they say.
Anybody know who wrote Series 2 and 3 (before I google it...)

started to watch it on iplayer last night after reading this thread, haven't seen earlier series, and on the evidence of the 15 minutes I managed last night, I haven't missed much. Obviously loved by some, not my flavour tho

We've had some of the best Partridge in recent years - the autobiography audiobook, Scissored Isle, Mid Morning Matters

Which is why this being so poor is so odd.

Listened to the original Knowing Me radio series on the BBC sounds thing yesterday and it was brilliant. The other cast members really added to it though. Partridge, at his best, always needs people to play off. When it transferred to TV it was just as good aided by the supporting actors. It carried on being very, very funny right up until it turned into just him and his sidekick. When he rants about stuff it's usually after he has been belittled in some way by people he perceives as of a lower standing than himself, like with his builders/ farmers etc etc Now he just has a woman nicking his best lines.

Needs to go back to the chat show format or make the TV presenting just a small bit of his life. His home life and the way he dealt with members of the public was far funnier than just sitting in a studio being slightly awkward.

Not exactly overwhelmed although I did manage many titters at the fluck clunt mixup and also the washing hands free on a train was par excellence making me at one point guffaw out loud.To be fair it was good but not overwhelmingly good.Comedy is divisive and one mans poison is another mans meat and I digress to stretching my own chops in acknowledgement of partridges unflinching stoichisism and craftsmanship to his chosen craft.Ah hah

Listened to the original Knowing Me radio series on the BBC sounds thing yesterday and it was brilliant. The other cast members really added to it though. Partridge, at his best, always needs people to play off. When it transferred to TV it was just as good aided by the supporting actors. It carried on being very, very funny right up until it turned into just him and his sidekick. When he rants about stuff it's usually after he has been belittled in some way by people he perceives as of a lower standing than himself, like with his builders/ farmers etc etc Now he just has a woman nicking his best lines.

Needs to go back to the chat show format or make the TV presenting just a small bit of his life. His home life and the way he dealt with members of the public was far funnier than just sitting in a studio being slightly awkward.
Well done for expanding on the point I made two days ago

We're never getting vintage partridge back so in that respect anything new is going to be disappointing but it wasn't bad, there were enough lines in the first episode to be worth the watch. For me if we get just 1 minute of quality partirdge in each episode it will have been worth the watch

It was good but that is about it. I'm Alan Partirgde has some great characters to compliment him, as has been previously posted. The hotel receptionist, Lynn and the mad bloke from Sunderland all added to the show - the format of him sat on a sofa will only go so far

You just cant beat him living in a travel tavern trying to get back onto the TV

DAN!

This show was trying too hard (not just alan which I get is the whole point) but the show. The bit where the screen never worked was a bit tired , I did like the clunt joke though that was very alan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.