Partridge

Because it happened, two months ago. They could have left the episode out.
I'm not being funny mate, but she was a regional weathergirl. Tragic as it was, it's quite possible that those making the programme had barely heard of her (or not at all).

Plus, the world doesn't stop turning because someone dies.

For me, so much of it was just not believeable. Tom from Sunderland was not nearly as good as Mike from Sunderland, and Lynn adds very little in this format.There is no repartee between Partridge and his co-presenter. I understand that they are not friends, but you would expect some connection between them, even if it was animosity.

I agree with this and Alan's new co presenters are just not connecting.In the olden days the characters that surrounded him contributed greatly to the show by there own funny inputs.The girls behind the reception that included the delightfully effable Sophie who couldn't stop tittering and the nothing short of brilliant Mike from Sunderland and his Russian girlfriend Sonjia.Have a quick peep of this clip as it's a welcome blast from the past.

Maybe next weeks episode will be better as they all settle in.

I know it's early and some of you haven't had your breakfast yet but just a quicky quizz to get the faecal matter going and so the question is .. ..

What is Michael from Sunderland now really famous for ?

I agree with this and Alan's new co presenters are just not connecting.In the olden days the characters that surrounded him contributed greatly to the show by there own funny inputs.The girls behind the reception that included the delightfully effable Sophie who couldn't stop tittering and the nothing short of brilliant Mike from Sunderland and his Russian girlfriend Sonjia.Have a quick peep of this clip as it's a welcome blast from the past.

Maybe next weeks episode will be better as they all settle in.

I haven’t seen last night’s episode yet but judging from the first one his co-presenter was very one dimensional with little comedic value in her own right.

I haven’t seen last night’s episode yet but judging from the first one his co-presenter was very one dimensional with little comedic value in her own right.

We were just this minute saying that and it was as if someone was reading their script without a given thought to presentation

Sadly I have to echo your sentiments as we turned off half way though. Am I on the right episode where the presenter has died and they are doing a eulogy ? I thought it was car crash TV and with great regret have to also announce the death of Alan himself.Whoever wrote this particular episode courted him no favour.The man is and always will be a genius of his genre but this was dreadful tripe of the highest calibre.Steve is an absolute legend of comedic talent but this really was just a bridge too far.

Sometimes wonderful series should all be left to wallow in the hearts and minds of the faithful and lauded through the decades of time for their wonderful contributions to comic kind.
It did start quite cringeworthy, but it really picks up. The civil war re-enactment was quality and the ending is a bit out of the blue. Definitely better than week 1. I still think the problem is the format. What he often says and does would be an instant ban off live TV nowadays, they need to keep his faux pas a bit more subtle to keep the realism that he might just make it this time ... until he totally goes off his head at the end of series, which is what we're all waiting for.

Last edited:
Thought last night was much better, painfully cringey at times which is what Partridge is all about for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.