Partridge

I'm in the unimpressed camp tonight. The Twitter feed guy is pretty pointless really, and his attempts at awkward glances were not convincing. The subject matter was insensitive given the recent passing of Diane Oxberry, although I realise it was probably recorded way before her death.

For me, so much of it was just not believeable. Tom from Sunderland was not nearly as good as Mike from Sunderland, and Lynn adds very little in this format.

There is no repartee between Partridge and his co-presenter. I understand that they are not friends, but you would expect some connection between them, even if it was animosity.

Partridge used to blunder his way into comedic situations, and that was why it used to be so funny. Today though, he is deliberately controversial, and it is less funny, and less credible for someone trying to resurrect a career in television.

At least we not seeing flashbacks in this series.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Coogan is a clever guy and I don't know why he's being so lazy by rehashing Partridge again.

Loved the original when he lived in travel lodge but when I watched 1st one of this new series I just thought it’s more of the same, bit meh for me

Sadly I have to echo your sentiments as we turned off half way though. Am I on the right episode where the presenter has died and they are doing a eulogy ? I thought it was car crash TV and with great regret have to also announce the death of Alan himself.Whoever wrote this particular episode courted him no favour.The man is and always will be a genius of his genre but this was dreadful tripe of the highest calibre.Steve is an absolute legend of comedic talent but this really was just a bridge too far.

Sometimes wonderful series should all be left to wallow in the hearts and minds of the faithful and lauded through the decades of time for their wonderful contributions to comic kind.
It's one of those where they may well look back and say "why didn't we let him go out at the top"?

Loved the original when he lived in travel lodge but when I watched 1st one of this new series I just thought it’s more of the same, bit meh for me

You may want to have a look at some archive footage of the series you missed.

Knowing Me, Knowing You
Aha

Seems fine to me, patridge as the charactor has gone through so many media forms, to expect it to be the same every time.
Sports reporter
Chat show host
Radio DJ
Documentry maker
Now magazine show host.

Anyone who grew up watching pebble mill or even seen the one show, she what they are sending up here.

Still a cringeworthy amusing fare.

Last edited:
It’s all a bit hit and miss and I’m a huge fan. As someone has mentioned the live TV setting kills it. All the controversial stuff should be off air. The social media part is embarrassingly bad.

Fit as a butchers dog .. ..Love the Mills and Boom novel.

(Contains language of the gutter)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.