Party in dortmund

ell said:
Would love to go but got to balance finance and holidays really.

If I can find a cheapish way and enough dosh im well up for it, I enjoy the trips the game is the worst part about it so cant understand why anyone would drop out!
Not sure where you're based, but as of this morning Dover to Dunkirk was £38 return for a car and 4 people, and we got 2 rooms for 2 nights at under £50 each (£25 each per night). Obviously we need to drive/fuel a car but it can be done cheap.

cleavers said:
ell said:
Would love to go but got to balance finance and holidays really.

If I can find a cheapish way and enough dosh im well up for it, I enjoy the trips the game is the worst part about it so cant understand why anyone would drop out!
Not sure where you're based, but as of this morning Dover to Dunkirk was £38 return for a car and 4 people, and we got 2 rooms for 2 nights at under £50 each (£25 each per night). Obviously we need to drive/fuel a car but it can be done cheap.
We've managed flights from Manchester and hotels for 3 nights for under 260 can't wait for this one.

Just booked ours for 3. Having to go around the houses a bit to keep costs down. I'm sure those who booked early have got much better deals and more direct flights but I'm quite happy with this - works out about £200 each:

We're flying Ryanair Manchester to Brussels Charleroi (£21pp) on the Monday morning, train to Dortmund (£35) arriving at 6pm, 2 nights in a 4* hotel reasonably handy for the station and ground (£74), train from Dortmund to Hamburg on Wednesday (£22), Easyjet from there to Manchester (£50) arriving home at 6.30pm.

The hotel was the expensive part. Considered Dusseldorf but the idea of trying to catch some train back there in the middle of the night didn't appeal too much.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I've got a feeling this wont sell out at 8000 points
I hope not have flights and hotel booked, but only 6700 points. I'm living in hope, went to Villareal without ticket last year did get into their end, but want to be in the City fans this time.

Eggsy said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I've got a feeling this wont sell out at 8000 points
I hope not have flights and hotel booked, but only 6700 points. I'm living in hope, went to Villareal without ticket last year did get into their end, but want to be in the City fans this time.

Unless we win the next two games then I can't see more than 1500 going.

I'll be there, with Mrs raininspain. Monday in Düsseldorf, Tuesday in Dortmund, Wednesday back to Düsseldorf.

Sometimes, the worst thing about European awaydays is the actual match experience: queuing up for ages to get in, being stuck up in the gods in a caged-in zone, being kept in for ages after the game.

But the memories you bring back are always the pre- and post-match times, with your mates and other blues, having a good sing-song and sampling the local refreshments.

Bring it on! Even if we're already practically out of the competition.

raininspain said:
I'll be there, with Mrs raininspain. Monday in Düsseldorf, Tuesday in Dortmund, Wednesday back to Düsseldorf.

Sometimes, the worst thing about European awaydays is the actual match experience: queuing up for ages to get in, being stuck up in the gods in a caged-in zone, being kept in for ages after the game.

But the memories you bring back are always the pre- and post-match times, with your mates and other blues, having a good sing-song and sampling the local refreshments.

Bring it on! Even if we're already practically out of the competition.

True, was in Lisbon from the Tuesday to the Friday last year and was speaking to mates that I hadnt seen from the Maine Road days in Rossio Square before the game. Chilled out atmosphere, a few beers and a great days crack, then after the game back to the bar for a few more beers and tried to forget about the game. Dublin to Dusseldorf 7am on the Monday morning, a couple of Gluewein in the christmas market, then to the hotel, a bit of shut eye in the afternoon, then out on the beer.
Up on the Tuesday morn, meet the mates arriving then, train to Dortmund, few more beers, game, back to D'dorf flight home Wednesday morn, and work again on the Thursday.

Win lose or Draw, qualify or dead rubber, I will be having a great time.

Regular Joe said:
Just booked ours for 3. Having to go around the houses a bit to keep costs down. I'm sure those who booked early have got much better deals and more direct flights but I'm quite happy with this - works out about £200 each:

We're flying Ryanair Manchester to Brussels Charleroi (£21pp) on the Monday morning, train to Dortmund (£35) arriving at 6pm, 2 nights in a 4* hotel reasonably handy for the station and ground (£74), train from Dortmund to Hamburg on Wednesday (£22), Easyjet from there to Manchester (£50) arriving home at 6.30pm.

The hotel was the expensive part. Considered Dusseldorf but the idea of trying to catch some train back there in the middle of the night didn't appeal too much.

I had my eye on that flight to Brussels, it was there or Amsterdam but my mate is a massive pothead so Amsterdam it is. Ended up getting Saturday morning flights to make a weekend of it

As for the game, well its a bit disappointing that its probably gonna be a dead rubber but when I booked this trip a couple of weeks ago I expected us to get panned by Dortmund anyway. Fuck it, we never win at home and we never win away, we're on the piss again and I can't wait. Could still turn out to be one of the best days in our history yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.