Party in dortmund

Lancet Fluke said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
What are people's thoughts on that match. I know it won't matter if we don't improve dramatically ourselves but I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that I'd rather Madrid beat Dortmund in the next match. I also came to the conclusion that if they draw, it would be a disaster as then we could win the last three (yeah right!) and still not go through.

Two City wins and a dortmund win in Madrid and draw/win in amsterdam would mean Dortmund would have already qualified as group winners so we would have much more chance of beating them in the last game.

To be honest though I am clutching at straws....

Also got to factor in that Real's other fixture is at home to Ajax, which they will almost certainly win whereas Dortmund are away to Ajax which could conceivably end in a draw. If Madrid beat dortmund and we beat Ajax then we would only have to match Dortmund's result against Ajax when we play Real and it would still be in our own hands going into the last match. And you thought you were clutching at straws!

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm --

i kne albert davy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
What are people's thoughts on that match. I know it won't matter if we don't improve dramatically ourselves but I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that I'd rather Madrid beat Dortmund in the next match. I also came to the conclusion that if they draw, it would be a disaster as then we could win the last three (yeah right!) and still not go through.
A Madrid defeat would leave it in our hands (some hope i know) as we would have to defeat Ajax real and Dortmund oh well

Surely a Dortmund defeat leaves it just as much in our hands?

It does but I would rather be playing Dortmund to qualify with them already qualified as group winners rather than have to beat them when they need a result.

Lancet Fluke said:
Two City wins and a dortmund win in Madrid and draw/win in amsterdam would mean Dortmund would have already qualified as group winners so we would have much more chance of beating them in the last game.

To be honest though I am clutching at straws....

Also got to factor in that Real's other fixture is at home to Ajax, which they will almost certainly win whereas Dortmund are away to Ajax which could conceivably end in a draw. If Madrid beat dortmund and we beat Ajax then we would only have to match Dortmund's result against Ajax when we play Real and it would still be in our own hands going into the last match. And you thought you were clutching at straws!

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm --

i kne albert davy said:
A Madrid defeat would leave it in our hands (some hope i know) as we would have to defeat Ajax real and Dortmund oh well

Surely a Dortmund defeat leaves it just as much in our hands?

It does but I would rather be playing Dortmund to qualify with them already qualified as group winners rather than have to beat them when they need a result.

I'd like to see if the pressure would get to them if they needed a result in front of their own fans to go through. Actually scrap that, I'd just settle for any scenario which meant we had even the slightest chance of qualifying going into the last match because at the moment I'm not even remotely convinced we'll beat Ajax at home.

Really looking forward to it, hopefully something still on it.
Monday night in the Dam and then Tues in Dortmund...

davymcfc said:
We were shit tonight. For what ever reason we can't hack it Europe. Me and my dad still have the boat booked for dortmund and I am still going to enjoy watching the English champions play in Germany. CTID
most of City fans will, but this fact changes nothing

Well my travelling in Europe as been great this week - 3 cracking days Amsterdam - just a couple of hours last night that was a let down - amazing how quickly pints of Juliper ease the pain!!

Just at the airport on the way back, my wife just asked how bad I feel going all this way just to see us get beat?

My reply was that it was not that long ago that I was travelling to most home matches and places like Preston (I live in the South) to see CITY get beat - this was a blast in comparison!!

Dortmund will be a great trip as well

Remember guys to "always look on the bright.............."

Can't wait for Dortmund...Everything but the 90 mins was spot on in the Dam. So much so, Dortmund away Via Amsterdam.

Me and a mate all paid up to go, would be foolish to cancel now and should still be a cracking game/trip. I just pray we still have hope, as unlikely as it may seem at the moment. A few results going our way, coupled with 3 wins out of 3, and you just never know. Stranger things have happened.... Roll on Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.