Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it again. That was exactly my point. Denayer has signed a new contract while Hiwula has been sold on.
The academy has the capacity to train 450 players from under sixes to the first team. It would not make financial sense, IMO, to run it on the sole purpose of providing only first team players to the first team. The only way it could maximise it's financial potential would be if it was turning out players of differing levels and selling them on for a profit. My own opinion is that any enterprise the club undertakes is based ultimately on making profit. Turning out players for the first team is one way of making a profit, developing players and selling them in bulk is another. Although I don't have a crystal ball, I would venture the opinion that the CFA will make more money out of the players it sells on than the value of regular first team players it produces to maturity for the club.
Nail, head, etc etc

Surprised we're looking a yet another wide forward. We have sterling, navas, lopes, ambrose, barker, possibly de bruyne, seems bit congested for yet another young player to join.
Ambrose although was played wide when first brought into the eds is an out and out striker and Rony lopes is at his best in the hole like Silva.

Sorry that is rubbish! The academy is there to produce our own talent first and foremost! The by product is that if they don't make it with us, then it is possible we will make a profit from selling them on.

Jason Denayer has just signed a 5 year contract! He has not been sold on!
You didn't read the original post very closely I'm afraid, that's not what he said at all.

Read it again. That was exactly my point. Denayer has signed a new contract while Hiwula has been sold on.
The academy has the capacity to train 450 players from under sixes to the first team. It would not make financial sense, IMO, to run it on the sole purpose of providing only first team players to the first team. The only way it could maximise it's financial potential would be if it was turning out players of differing levels and selling them on for a profit. My own opinion is that any enterprise the club undertakes is based ultimately on making profit. Turning out players for the first team is one way of making a profit, developing players and selling them in bulk is another. Although I don't have a crystal ball, I would venture the opinion that the CFA will make more money out of the players it sells on than the value of regular first team players it produces to maturity for the club.

I did read it and I disagree with you.

The academy is there to produce first team players.

Those who don't make it maybe sold for a profit if good enough to continue in football.

That is a by product of the academy producing players not it's main purpose.

Although I don't have a crystal ball, I would venture the opinion that the CFA will make more money out of the players it sells on than the value of regular first team players it produces to maturity for the club.
A few years back (if we'd had the same facilities) that may have been true but considering the quality of player required to make it to the 1st team now it's probably not. Sterling is an excellent example but what would a Manu Garcia be worth if he continues at his present rate when he's at his peak?

You didn't read the original post very closely I'm afraid, that's not what he said at all.

This is what he said.

It will provide some players to the first team if they are deemed to be good enough, but mainly, it will be a factory whereby we buy potential that we develop as far as we can and sell on to teams of the appropriate level for a profit

Which I disagree with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.