Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic but how on earth can anybody do much to impress on these pre-season tours they are so lacking in competitiveness.
Roberts will be sold or loaned out again imo and we are unlikely to ever see him fire a shot in anger in a blue shirt.
Good question. I guess they can show their ability to apply playing and positional instructions in match conditions.
If he is sold, City need to insert a buy back clause should Roberts become the player we think he can be and either Pep, or the next manager wish to add him to the squad. Don't want what may happen with Lukaku and Chelsea occurring down the track with Roberts.

Roberts is clearly not the finished article, but you'd struggle to find someone that wouldn't say he has huge potential and already with a good competitive season behind him. Surely a top coach could then make him even better, isn't that what top coaches do, take great talent and make them into great players. I know we need to buy good players but come on, can't the worlds best coach just take this kid and develop him?

It is so hard with the Scottish league testing players.
Scottish player of the year Scott Sinclair.
Most are a waste of time,this is what scares me with
virgil van dijk.

Roberts is clearly not the finished article, but you'd struggle to find someone that wouldn't say he has huge potential and already with a good competitive season behind him. Surely a top coach could then make him even better, isn't that what top coaches do, take great talent and make them into great players. I know we need to buy good players but come on, can't the worlds best coach just take this kid and develop him?

Exactly. He's the most exciting English player of his age group with the possible exception of Rashford. He could go on to be a key player for England. What does it say about us as a club if we let him go without even giving him an opportunity? It would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Exactly. He's the most exciting English player of his age group with the possible exception of Rashford. He could go on to be a key player for England. What does it say about us as a club if we let him go without even giving him an opportunity? It would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

What does it say about Rashford, that the kind of journeymen Scottish defenders Roberts is causually making tits out of, have no trouble whatsoever, taking the ball off him ?

No way we sell him to Celtic after the season he just had, its only paper talk IMO

I would like it if he returns here, I could see some room for him even if Sanchez comes, we would have 6 attackers for 3 positions, this is ok competing on 4 fronts, but I don't think it will happen.

If he doesn't come back, his next move will important, I could see the sense in loaning him out one more season in a tougher league, then bringing him back as a more established player.

I would like to see him go to Girona, think it will be a better move than sending him to Holland. He has already played in the physical league and move to La Liga can really benefit him even if Girona have just been promoted. Keeping them up will be a major priority for us as well.

If Roberts is successful there we can bring him back or sell with a buyback clause with the idea of bringing him back once Aguero or Sanchez leave the club. I have high hopes for Roberts and would really love to him play a big part in our club.

Got to get Robert's back. We saw what he can do first hand and what is the point in sending him on loan for 18 months to mature if we don't take him back. He knows he will be second choice behind sterling but he also knows he will probably play 20+ games in his first season. Would be a big disapointment if we sell him.

Got to get Robert's back. We saw what he can do first hand and what is the point in sending him on loan for 18 months to mature if we don't take him back. He knows he will be second choice behind sterling but he also knows he will probably play 20+ games in his first season. Would be a big disapointment if we sell him.

Imo these lads should get an even chance. If Roberts has a run from the bench & is miles off it compared to Sterling, Sané etc then we can assume he might not make the step up.

If he plays & he looks a possibility, then we can either keep him or loan him, but with a view to him being a genuine first team challenger in the future. What we should do, either way, is have a look & see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.