Patrick Vieira ?

If this is even vaguely true do the players who've under-performed this season think Vieira would be less harsh on them? Remembering that the guy was renowned as a winner in his playing days I very much doubt it.

lancs blue said:
If this is even vaguely true do the players who've under-performed this season think Vieira would be less harsh on them? Remembering that the guy was renowned as a winner in his playing days I very much doubt it.

No, but they may believe they would start enjoying playing football again. If like you say it's vaguely true.

Honestly its laughable anyone would even believe this. Our owners would not install a man with no coaching experience for the rest of the season. If they're going to replace him it will be at the end of the season, there's nothing to be gained from replacing him now.

I'd be happy to see Vieira in charge, if only for the rest of the season.

bugsyblue said:
Let him manage the reserves to see how he does and if he's successful then there's no reason he couldn't step up and manage the first team when the time is right. That's exactly what our CEOs did with guadiola at barca.

I actually agree with this ^^^. Viera should actually coach our reserve side for a few years and if he turns out to be a good manager capable of taking over sometime in the future then that could only be a good thing for the club.

I believe Vieira has the personal attributes and footballing nouse to potentially be a top manager. He has a commanding presence and experience at the highest level, which can't be a bad start. On the other hand there's a long list of great ex-players who couldn't make the transition.

At this stage we don't know. Nor do we the supporters know his career aims. He would need development first so a definite "no" for next season (if there is a vacancy).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.