Patrick Vieira ?

MaineRoadBlue said:
We have a perfectly good proven manager already for those of you who have forgotten!

Why, as supposed Manchester City supporters, do you feel compelled, to try to undermine him by constantly discussing and pedalling such Treason!

In short, some of you morons will not be happy until your new manager frenzy is satisfied and you have driven the best manager this club has ever had from his job.

Personally, if there is anyone that needs to relinquish their connections with City, then it is you lot.

#Together

not

#StupidCityFansPlanCoup

As much as I applaud your sentiments and passion - you can't say things like that on here - it's not PC and upsets those who
1. say they were at Lincoln and York
2. say they aren't really spoilt or impatient
3. say they are loyal only to the badge
4. find it very easy to win on Football Manager and Fifa 13
5. like to beat the traffic

GaudinoMotors said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
We have a perfectly good proven manager already for those of you who have forgotten!

Why, as supposed Manchester City supporters, do you feel compelled, to try to undermine him by constantly discussing and pedalling such Treason!

In short, some of you morons will not be happy until your new manager frenzy is satisfied and you have driven the best manager this club has ever had from his job.

Personally, if there is anyone that needs to relinquish their connections with City, then it is you lot.

#Together

not

#StupidCityFansPlanCoup

IYO

If a short term manager was needed (which I seriously doubt it will),Kidd would be my choice. I think he is already the one amongst the staff who the players listen to the most anyway. For only a dozen games or so I'm sure he would do a good enough job, meaning cement our place in the top three and get us further in the FA cup.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
bugsyblue said:
Let him manage the reserves to see how he does and if he's successful then there's no reason he couldn't step up and manage the first team when the time is right. That's exactly what our CEOs did with guadiola at barca.

I actually agree with this ^^^. Viera should actually coach our reserve side for a few years and if he turns out to be a good manager capable of taking over sometime in the future then that could only be a good thing for the club.
Managing the reserves in England is all about being selfless and supporting the needs of the first team manager; it's not a place for someone to cut their teeth as they try to prove themselves capable of managing a club in its own right. Guardiola was able to do that at Barcelona B, but it's a whole different story in the English game.

If Viera wants to have a management role in future he needs to get some experience under his belt by getting a job in the lower leagues or becoming part of the first-team coaching staff. His current suit-and-tie job is a waste of time if that's where he sees his future.

Last week, on talkshite, there was a discussion about whether Viera should take over as the head of the academy at arsenal. There was an argument that he shoyuldn't because he has little or no coaching experience. Now, for someone that is going to be coaching youth, I think it takes a special coach to be good at it. A someone that doesn't necessarily have had to of been a top top player, it has to be someone that can teach. To be able to break down a skill into its component parts and teach how to do it. Jim Cassell wasn't a top player, but boy did he know how to coach and teach the young stars who went on to play at premiership level. We don't know if PV has this talent, and it would be good for him to stay with us to take his coaching badges and get some experience, and maybe have a very big influence at our new academy.

As for replacing Mancini. I see top management jobs are not about coachng technique and breaking down skills to teach. Top teams already have the players that have all the skills, thats why they pay top dollar for them, its about tactics and man management.

Some may question Mancini's tactics as wierd and confusing sometimes, but when you analyse them, the majority of the time he gets it right and can turn a game around. Just because he doen't conform to conventional tactics and substitutions, doesn't make him bad. I think he (and let me include the rest of the management team here also) as being one of the most forward thinking and progressive tacticians in football today.

As for man management, I think this is where he is poor. He is a very firey italian with very high standards. He is emtional and this sometimes can be dispayed in interviews and on the side of the pitch. He wants the best for Mancheter City, and he is not happy when it doesn't happen. All he wants is 100% fromeveryone all of the time, no excuses. I think he rubs people up the wrong way sometimes due to his reserved personality. A theory I have pondered is the current disharmony in the ranks maybe down to roberto being in a sulk that his "project Balo" has failed and left for Milan, and the players have sensed this and are not happy.

Can Viera step into Roberto's shoes? I don't think he has the tactical experience that Mancini has (although the supporting staff can help massively with that. and I don't rate Sir Baconshite as being a master tactician either) but I think he can obtain an overwhelming sense of respect from the players ( although that transition from "one of the lads" to "guv" is very hard ( in any line of business)

So can he or Can't he? well If I was the owner, I don't think I could risk all my investment and future plans on a rookie manager. It would take one pair of kahooners to do that.

Is Mancini the answer? I don't know.For the meanwhile, definately yes. If you remember last year, when yoonited crumbled, Fergie lost it. Mancini is currently under imense pressure and what he wants to happen on the pitch isn't happening, he is entitled to be "not 'appy" He is taking a few days off to analyse this, lets get behind him and the team and push as hard as we can to show them tw@ts in trafford, we don't give up easily.

CTID

Dubai Blue said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
bugsyblue said:
Let him manage the reserves to see how he does and if he's successful then there's no reason he couldn't step up and manage the first team when the time is right. That's exactly what our CEOs did with guadiola at barca.

I actually agree with this ^^^. Viera should actually coach our reserve side for a few years and if he turns out to be a good manager capable of taking over sometime in the future then that could only be a good thing for the club.
Managing the reserves in England is all about being selfless and supporting the needs of the first team manager; it's not a place for someone to cut their teeth as they try to prove themselves capable of managing a club in its own right. Guardiola was able to do that at Barcelona B, but it's a whole different story in the English game.

If Viera wants to have a management role in future he needs to get some experience under his belt by getting a job in the lower leagues or becoming part of the first-team coaching staff. His current suit-and-tie job is a waste of time if that's where he sees his future.

I agree with your point but why does it have to be that way? It seems City have already tried to do something different with our reserves, introducing the Elite development squad, so why not let someone try and manage them as a team on their own? I don't agree with the sentiment that a side can't be a separate entity and also nurture our younger players. First team needs come first in terms of playing squads and selection but you can still manage a group of players and implement your own tactics effectively. One downside when comparing the English reserves with Spain is the level of quality - Spain is miles ahead in my opinion and thus the players have to be better to gain a place in the teams.

I think once our academy is built our reserves and youth teams will be run in a much more competitive way and I would imagine City will be looking build a city 'style of play' from the kids up to the first team. So it would make sense to nurture a city manager within our own teams.

Crap usual Paper talk. Any quotes from the players saying this?

Daily Star ran it, no quotes, nothing.
As usual nothing to see, dont believe anything the rag papers put out.

"I will try to take my coaching badges to keep my options open, but to be honest I just don't see myself becoming a manager," Vieira says. "That may change when I stop playing..."

wooburnblue said:
thenabster said:
Read an article just now which states that the players would like to see Vieira has manager if Mancini left. It's probably bull but still it made me think, could Vieira be a good manager ? for us or in general ? Let's discuss this. I mean he has the experience, speaks 3 languages, is class and yeah...Deschamps is a top manager, so what about Vieira ?

stop guys just stop....still in the cup and second in the league...an outside chance of catching rags...come on who wants a return to the changeamanageraweek .com era???

I'm not discussing changing Mancini. I'm just asking if you guys think Patrick Vieira could be a good manager in general even if he was manager at Arsenal.

As most people have said, too much of a gamble. Think he's a good guy, but we'd be better off letting him go somewhere else to prove himself first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.