Patrick Viera - really starting to look the part

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dangerhere.com/proud-patrick-vieira-isnt-quite-finished-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dangerhere.com/proud-patrick ... ished-yet/</a>

Not the Viera of old but nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make out.Despite some passes misplaced his passing at best was an improvement on every other City player on the night.Evidenced by the goals he created.

If the boo boys need a target that badly maybe they should look at De Jongs contribution-even though I would prefer our fans to support our players.

Have to admit i do agree with the OP a little we saw a fair few flashes of what he was like in his prime battling and winning the ball sensible passes positive runs forward...However he did lose the ball in key areas a fair few time that shot that was hit with less power than my 4 year old son can muster it was better from him but still not quite good enough to justify him starting

coulsonblue said:
He may be slow and opposition players did get past him easily. but this was because we only had the midfield 2.

His passing, however, is excellent. Apart from the obvious couple misplaced and one went out of play. He has provided several assists since arriving at the club and provides a more thoughtful and incisive final ball than either de jong or barry.

It is plain to see, that Hughes didn't have enough in midfield. With only de jong barry and ireland that is not enough to last a season.

United have, carrick, scholes, fletcher, anderson and at a push gibson. Baconface has rotated them all season so they are fresh.

Barry has played every game but 2 including last night. And every England game for full 90minutes. De jong has also played most games plus internationals. Hughes left us light in the middle.

We also lack creativity from the middle and with his superior passing Vieira provides this more than the other limited options.

on a side note, RE: Ade, I watched him for a bit last night rather than the action (while Vieira gave it away) and he does make good runs that aren't always noticed. In fact, Vieira is the only player that seems to spot these runs.[/quote]

By drawing defence wide & at the same time liberating Tevez and Bellers. Isn't that unlocking the opposition defence? No?

Why did Mancini starts him if we have better options? Do we?

i did aswell, so fuckin dumb people at the match callin him, he made some terrific balls time and time again, held up the ball well 2. mabye he just cant deal with the wining of the crowd

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Have to admit i do agree with the OP a little we saw a fair few flashes of what he was like in his prime battling and winning the ball sensible passes positive runs forward...However he did lose the ball in key areas a fair few time that shot that was hit with less power than my 4 year old son can muster it was better from him but still not quite good enough to justify him starting

Yes thats true. Perhaps because of his lack of games and gelling with our other players.
Similarly for Tevez, Ade, Bellers & Johnson! You will see more Tevez goals when Ade gelled with Tevez IMO. They will be a devastating combo.

Fanny Fart said:
Thought he had a great game last night, this couple with his showing at Fulham shows that he is really starting to settle into the team.

It was his craft that opened up Wigans defence for the first goal, something the likes of Barry and De Jong cant do.

Is he signed permanent or on loan? If he is only on loan and puts in performances like that in the World Cup, I think we may have a battle on our hands with Eurpoes elite clubs for his signature.

How will Barry get back into the team now??

Ps. To the guy sat behind me last night who booed Vieras every touch, fuck off and support someone else.

well a fart is hot air...just like that post.

Fanny Fart said:
Thought he had a great game last night, this couple with his showing at Fulham shows that he is really starting to settle into the team.

It was his craft that opened up Wigans defence for the first goal, something the likes of Barry and De Jong cant do.

Is he signed permanent or on loan? If he is only on loan and puts in performances like that in the World Cup, I think we may have a battle on our hands with Eurpoes elite clubs for his signature.

How will Barry get back into the team now??

Ps. To the guy sat behind me last night who booed Vieras every touch, fuck off and support someone else.

LOL

for a minute there you nearly had me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.