Pau Torres

I think we wouldn't sign anything special in Torres, just an ok signing but feels a bit meh to me.

Gvardiol and Cucurella seem to offer great skill and personality and those should be targeted.

For a slower change we could sign Cucurella now and keep Zinny for another year and sign Gvardiol maybe on a lower RC next summer.

Ake isn't good enough, so why should Torres be?

We need someone coming in to push our other lads to their limits.

If someone is out there and backs himself to do that, we should pay whatever it takes.

I don't see Laporte staying beyond his existing contract at this time, but obviously that could change if he continues to start.
For me Torres is a left footed John Stones if John Stones would have stayed in Everton. If pep gets hold of him I think he could become as good as Stones.

Think of that famous quote from Boateng where he said that Pep taught him how to defend.

Good CB overall, really good playing from the back and maybe a little bit soft when it comes to tackle. I wouldn't sign him, not because he's not good enough, he just doesn't add anything different on our current CB. Would definitely sell shirts as hell

Everytime I've seen him which admittedly isn't a tonne I've thought he's a liability. Don't think he's anywhere near laporte's level and don't see him being any more content with the backup role than Ake. Unlikely to cost less than what we are going to get for Ake and will likely need time to settle. He's also not homegrown and whilst that isn't an issue for us right now, with sterling and Ake out and Walker not having many years left, it may be one in the future. Not seeing the benefits here.

I like him, basically a taller Jonny Evans. A more cerebral defender who adapts to what his partner is doing in the mould of Stones & Ake, as opposed to Dias and Laporte who go out there to play their own game. We need to maintain one of each option for both right/left of the position.

The games I've seen not been anything about the lad but if are scouts have seen something them bring him in lots of ins and outs this window

For me Torres is a left footed John Stones if John Stones would have stayed in Everton. If pep gets hold of him I think he could become as good as Stones.

Think of that famous quote from Boateng where he said that Pep taught him how to defend.

Needs to hit the gym if he comes here. Gets bullied far to much by big strikers. Emerys system has protected him a fair bit. He’s a very rough project for Pep. he’s more similar to Laporte just a level below. he is surprisingly quick. But overthinks. His level ups in the games against Atletico , Barcelona and Madrid. But his level drops against the lower teams in league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.