Paul Gascoigne

bored at work said:
Pigeonho said:
That's some intake Andyhinch! Fair play to you for beating it though.

As for Gazza, well what a wanky waste. Might get slated here but only saying it for his sake, but a move to United would have been the best move for him. Spurs and the bright lights of London, by all accounts, was too much of a pull though. Again now before the locals get all arsy, that is a comment for his benefit and his career.

yeah, I reckon the likes of Bryan Robson, Viv Anderson, Paul McGrath, Lee Sharpe, Mark Bosnich etc etc would have been a stabling influence

Ha ha good comment but how could you forget the likes of Roy Carrol and Norman Whiteside they could mix it with the best of them?

Has anyone ever read McGraths book thats some eye opener.

Pigeonho said:
cheekybids said:
Pigeonho said:

As for Gazza, well what a wanky waste. Might get slated here but only saying it for his sake, but a move to United would have been the best move for him. Spurs and the bright lights of London, by all accounts, was too much of a pull though. Again now before the locals get all arsy, that is a comment for his benefit and his career.

Allow me to start the slating. I'm sure it would have done Gazza the world of good to have joined the rags, with robson, bruce, magrath and whiteside keeping him out of the reaches of known party animals like lineker. FFS
What about Taggart? He could have been the stabilising influence he needed. I've read before now that he was interested but Gazza wanted the bright lights of London.
As I said earlier Gazza had a drink problem before Spurs. He was alcoholic but his young body hid it well

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
cheekybids said:
Allow me to start the slating. I'm sure it would have done Gazza the world of good to have joined the rags, with robson, bruce, magrath and whiteside keeping him out of the reaches of known party animals like lineker. FFS
What about Taggart? He could have been the stabilising influence he needed. I've read before now that he was interested but Gazza wanted the bright lights of London.
As I said earlier Gazza had a drink problem before Spurs. He was alcoholic but his young body hid it well
Ah fair enough then.

I heard him say once that whilst at 'Boro, he and Merson used to have a couple of bottles of wine on the way to training each morning.

Pigeonho said:
cheekybids said:
Pigeonho said:

Gerry Taggart? Maybe. Gazza had already left spurs by the time Fergie got the piss ed's out of the swamp. You could win the title with piss eds when every team had them, football is very different now to what it was then. I still remember walking hme from school around 3:30pm and watching mcgrth puking out of a blackcab as it sped aroud the corner, imagine if we had twitter then ;)

cheekybids said:
Pigeonho said:
cheekybids said:

Gerry Taggart? Maybe. Gazza had already left spurs by the time Fergie got the piss ed's out of the swamp. You could win the title with piss eds when every team had them, football is very different now to what it was then. I still remember walking hme from school around 3:30pm and watching mcgrth puking out of a blackcab as it sped aroud the corner, imagine if we had twitter then ;)
I'd love to have a footballers wedge and go on the piss with a load of hardcore drinkers like that. Christ, I bet it was just a total fucking mess each day. A complete casserole of nonsense.

Like there is no booze in manchester, alcoholism is a disease. Fergie washed his hands with McGrath and couldn't get captain marvel to stop drinking either. Fergie washes his hands with most that cross him. Arsenal, United and liverpool had big drinking cultures, nothing would have stopped him boozing.

The only downside of his spurs career was the ligament damage, he could have achieved a lot more in Italy otherwise

I don't get this thought that had Gazza moved to United that it is cast iron that Ferguson would have been able to turn the lad around. I've read shit like this before, an arm round a young footballer from Saint Alex cures all ill's and demons.

Professional substance abuse doctors have tried and tried but failed. Sound like Ronni Irani 'who just think, you know, sir Alex and young lads, oh top, our Gazza would'nt have touched a drop'.

andyhinch said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
andyhinch said:
Been out of hospital for 4years, miss the bed baths:(

Was this through drink Andy?
It's questionable, but the doctors thought 2 litres of vodka an a few bottles of wine a day may of played a part. Could of been down to a lack of greens:)

Jesus. Why didn't you eat more veg ?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
strongbowholic said:
Vienna_70 said:
I was about to ask the same!

RIIAC!
"Yer nohr Paul's in a bad weh and anything we can do to help Paul is our main priority. Anyone would do't serm. Me and a coupla mehts are happy to help him and I have helped him and my mates are helping but it's me who's helping."

The Gospel according to St Ronald of Dunmow ch3, v2

RIIAC

What language is this supposed to be in?

I could be wrong but I think it's Iranish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.