Paul Ince Wants Rooney Rule

As everyone else has said.

Paul, you aren't getting jobs because you are black it's because you are shit at it. I don't often say this but - give it up. Do something else

Gotta love all the experts on here. I especially love the way the actual evidence (i.e. that the Rooney rule has had a demonstrable impact on the number of black managers in other leagues) is ignored in favour of quickly-formulated opinions.

hertsblue said:
Wonder how many actually take their coaching badges and are happy to start at the bottom...

Um, is it just me or is this post inherently racist!? Or at least has a racist implication?

Stuuuuuu said:
Gotta love all the experts on here. I especially love the way the actual evidence (i.e. that the Rooney rule has had a demonstrable impact on the number of black managers in other leagues) is ignored in favour of quickly-formulated opinions.

hertsblue said:
Wonder how many actually take their coaching badges and are happy to start at the bottom...

Um, is it just me or is this post inherently racist!? Or at least has a racist implication?

Don't be daft

For an example of affirmative action and its consequences regardless, see South Africa.

Bollocks story this. Ince has had plenty of chances and has always been found wanting.

spanishblue said:
Stuuuuuu said:

hertsblue said:

Don't be daft

Was not intended at all in a racist way, none of my many posts have ever been. I actually gave credit in the post to Ince for taking his 1st job in management lower down the leagues and working his way up. I meant how many times do you see a high profile ex player given a top tier/championship job as their 1st management position.
Its too easy for Ince to say all this re the Rooney rule but we clearly do not know how many are applying for positions, how many are taking coaching badges and what jobs they are applying for, how many are expecting top level/high level jobs as a 1st appointment and hence why they are not getting the jobs due to lack of experience, or how many are applying for jobs lower down the leagues and even non leagues to get onto the management ladder and work their reputation up, like Ince originally done as he did a great job lower down the leagues.

Edit, just seen this on BBC site:
The PFA says about 18% of players on their coaching courses are black or from other ethnic

That could explain the low number of black managers as they are competing against the other 82% + ex players given jobs straight away + ex managers out of work for jobs

Fair dos; it was nothing more than a wording issue then.

If 18% of players on coaching courses are not white, then we should expect nearly one in five managers to be black in a few years. We'll just have to wait and see!

Stuuuuuu said:
Fair dos; it was nothing more than a wording issue then.

If 18% of players on coaching courses are not white, then we should expect nearly one in five managers to be black in a few years. We'll just have to wait and see!

No we will see one in five coaches who have taken a coaching course are black, there should be NO correlation to conversion to black mangers. Mangers should be the best for the job whether that be white, blue,orange or black.

stony said:
Ince is an egotistical cockwomble and a shit manager.

you missed the bit about having a huge chip on his shoulder and using his ethnicity to imply football some how owes him a living

he misses the point that he is not working as a manager because he is shit and not actually because he is black

You will statistically see 1 in 5 of the coaches on the course being black, that in no way should translate to a managers job at all. Anyone can take a coaches course it does not give you a right to a mangers job, there may be 1in5 on the course left handed so should we expect roughly 1in5 mangers left handed.

The best for the job should get the job full stop, black,white,English foreign. The difference being that football is not all about qualifications and experience being the requisite on an application, many other elements/variables are at play and normal employment rules do not apply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.