Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be interesting has zlatan ever been at a club where he hasn't been the face main focus of the club ?
Pogba will be the face/poster boy zlatan will sulk and Rooney will be forgotten about
Chuck in PEG and it makes for an interesting mix

Sky Sports update.

POGBA LATEST

Yesterday we told you how talks are ongoing regarding the potential world record transfer of Paul Pogba from Juventus to Manchester United.

Sky sources are telling us today that there is still work to be done on this.

Manchester United officials are standing firm on what they want to pay but they are desperate to sign the France international.

In addition, during the last hour Sky Sports News HQ have been in touch with Pogba's agent Mino Raiola, who says that no deal is agreed.

Sky Sports update.

POGBA LATEST

Yesterday we told you how talks are ongoing regarding the potential world record transfer of Paul Pogba from Juventus to Manchester United.

Sky sources are telling us today that there is still work to be done on this.

Manchester United officials are standing firm on what they want to pay but they are desperate to sign the France international.

In addition, during the last hour Sky Sports News HQ have been in touch with Pogba's agent Mino Raiola, who says that no deal is agreed.
I was told Pogba has his medical today in LA??

In 2014 Utd entered into an agreement with Addidas which would see them receive a minimum of £750 million over 10 years from the 2015-16 season. That's roughly double the reported value of the much more widely ranging Etihad deal. That gives them massive financial power and the ability to recover from poor seasons. Obviously renewal of such contracts depends on their status as a football club, so they have to have a team capable of winning trophies. That's the background.

When City considered our transfer strategy we will have known Pogba was on the market and that Guardiola was incoming. We'd have been faced with a choice of Pogba and no other significant signings, or 4-5 significant signings. We've argued over many months about which is the best strategy. It all depends on the quality of those 4 or 5 signings. In previous seasons the 4-5 signings we've made have for the most part been no better than what we have already got, but that needn't be the case going forward.

Two pre-season games in, it's obvious that the playing style which we are going to see under Guardiola is very high energy pressing that is going to very demanding on the squad. Some players will revel in it. Others will struggle. So I think we have done the right thing in going for 4-5 players instead of the one.

I argued that if we let Man Utd have Pogba they would be a force for the next decade. I think that will be true, but what are we to do whenever a Pogba, or Neymar or bale becomes available? We can beat them to that signing once, but we can't do it again and again as Tolmie said, let's be grateful that they were forced to spend £110m on Pogba plus wages when that could have gone on a Neymar. The Addidas deal (and others) meant that they were always going to be able to pull off a deal like this. It was a matter of time.

Now we have to rise to the challenge. Hopefully they will struggle again. more likely they will be back in contention for the top 4 and we have to get used again to having Man Utd as rivals, but it makes life more exciting, and on the plus side someone like Liverpool or Arsenal are going to lose out. It wont be us.

I understand all the points you make marvin and agree with some on the one hand.

However you say our strategy (which I would agree with) is to buy 4-5 significant players. Well I would argue that our transfers to date mean we have signed 1 significant player (Guddongan). The rest are POTENTIALLY significant but are unproven (Zinchenko,Sane, Jesus and Moreno....Stones to a lesser extent) while Nolito is not one for the future at all but for me isn't as you would say significant. I can agree he is an improvement on Navas as an attacking option (but that aint hard)

Therefore I would say we are taking a big chance

Utd on the other hand will get Pogba who as has been said will significantly strengthen them for the foreseeable future,
Ibra (cant stand him and his arrogance fits right in with that lot) - I don't think he is anywhere near as good as he is made out to be....BUT they could get one good season out of him (ala RVP) which would then set them up for future seasons.
Bailey - an unknown for me but they would argue like some on here are that he has potential
Mitrakyian - never really seen him enough but the little I've seen he is an upgrade on the likes of Ashley Young and Memphis (so like Nolito in that way for us)

I think we are taking a chance on these youngsters being what we think they might while Utd (in Pogba) are buying (even if he doesn't get better than what he is now) a top class player.

I can see the potential in the young player but football is littered with lots and lots of these types of players who never hit the heights of how good potentially they could be.

I see our dealings at present as ones for the future (nothing wrong with that) but there are first team squad issues which do need to be addressed and Im not sure some of these youngsters are ready to do that. The biggest issue for me is the central midfield holding area (not the creativity area as we have silva, KdB Nasri plus others) but the enigma that is Yaya, the lack of quality in a typical british footballer that is Delph and Fernando who still has a lot to prove are all worries...the only real 2 are Fernandihnio (absolute class and underrated) and Gudongan (Injured and will he be the same....knees are very dodgy things???)

I really do think we are very light in that central dept as there is a real drop off n class/ability once you remove fernandihnio and Gudongan (and Yaya if we build around him)

Pep has a real job on his hands to balance the team out as this is where both Mancini (at first) and MP (continuously) got it wrong. The big question always hangs around Yaya's role. We are lucky that we have Pep int hat we have the bet manager in the world to sort it out but he has a big job on his hands getting that midfield area sorted with what he has at present as without Ferna and Gudongan we are going to have the same issues as last year. I know these could be helped out by us having better possession, a higher press with the forward players working harder but we could still get overpowered in the central area...the likes of pogba could potentially do that to us.

I think we need a top class powerful central midfielder but maybe with Peps change of system we won't need it. A lot revolved around a couple of Key issues for me ...one being Yaya and the other around Gundogan and his fitness/reovery

Who told you that Deano?
The loud mouth twat that is the daily mail

This picture is huge and I'm sorry but since it's on my phone I can't do anything. I'll spoiler it to keep it trimmed

71fVpXl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.