Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know some rags say we are more obsessed with them than our own club...this thread goes a short way to proving that point...gets more replies than players connected to City

Sad

Yeah,but to be fair,we are talking about a world record transfer of a player they let go on a free.There is also a lot of piss taking going on.
Now if it was a thread on Eric fuckin Bailly,you'd have a good point.

Is anyone else worried that there isn't any value in the market?

It used to bother me, but then I came to realise that even though my season card is £750, it's not really my money that's being spent on transfer fees of players such as Sterling or DeBrune
Stones at £50M is obscene and just shows how stupidly ridiculous transfer fees have become

Correct. And even at £100m (which will be amortised at £20m a season) if he gets them top four and the revenue that comes from being in the CL then that will pay for him.

Don't forget the minimum £12M PA wages, so at least £32M per season

Yeah,but to be fair,we are talking about a world record transfer of a player they let go on a free.There is also a lot of piss taking going on.
Now if it was a thread on Eric fuckin Bailly,you'd have a good point.

This!

Pogba will know if madrid want him and really its up to him to tell his agent I only want Madrid, money talks though and changes minds also he might of looked at Di Maria and think why not get paid bucket loads make a fuss after 2 seasons and I'll get my club of choice.

In 2014 Utd entered into an agreement with Addidas which would see them receive a minimum of £750 million over 10 years from the 2015-16 season. That's roughly double the reported value of the much more widely ranging Etihad deal. That gives them massive financial power and the ability to recover from poor seasons. Obviously renewal of such contracts depends on their status as a football club, so they have to have a team capable of winning trophies. That's the background.

When City considered our transfer strategy we will have known Pogba was on the market and that Guardiola was incoming. We'd have been faced with a choice of Pogba and no other significant signings, or 4-5 significant signings. We've argued over many months about which is the best strategy. It all depends on the quality of those 4 or 5 signings. In previous seasons the 4-5 signings we've made have for the most part been no better than what we have already got, but that needn't be the case going forward.

Two pre-season games in, it's obvious that the playing style which we are going to see under Guardiola is very high energy pressing that is going to very demanding on the squad. Some players will revel in it. Others will struggle. So I think we have done the right thing in going for 4-5 players instead of the one.

I argued that if we let Man Utd have Pogba they would be a force for the next decade. I think that will be true, but what are we to do whenever a Pogba, or Neymar or bale becomes available? We can beat them to that signing once, but we can't do it again and again as Tolmie said, let's be grateful that they were forced to spend £110m on Pogba plus wages when that could have gone on a Neymar. The Addidas deal (and others) meant that they were always going to be able to pull off a deal like this. It was a matter of time.

Now we have to rise to the challenge. Hopefully they will struggle again. more likely they will be back in contention for the top 4 and we have to get used again to having Man Utd as rivals, but it makes life more exciting, and on the plus side someone like Liverpool or Arsenal are going to lose out. It wont be us.

Madrid wont, as they know he aint worth 100mill. Its absolutely hilarious those silly fuckers paying 100mill+ for a player they had for free lmfao.

Especially when Madrid are rumoured to be signing Sissoko from Newcastle once Pogba has signed for the rags.

Just putting that in context is brilliant - Real Madrid think a player who has been average for Newcastle but outshone Pogba at the Euros is better value for money than the man the rags are breaking the transfer record on...and who the rags let go, having come through their academy. It's hilarious.

Pogba is a great player and will undoubtedly improve them, but seemingly only the rags think he's worth this amount of money. I guess it serves a purpose for them though, in keeping them relevant while they play in the Europa League.

They let him go for free so it's ridiculous money to then go and spend. Particularly when he's nothing more than a prospect still. Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's world class - he's not consistent enough. Was redundant in the French side, Sissokho looked miles better. He's still going to be a good signing for them, not worth the money and it will cause the rags problems with future signings which is nothing but a good thing from our point of view. All of these big money signings will be the ones wanting more cash if the rags win things and will be refusing to pay when Mourinho starts to berate them publicly/when he inevitably leaves in a couple of seasons.

The fact is the rags have the money to pay the fee though so people shouldn't get too happy about the fact they're paying it. They can afford it. But what will damage them is that this will lead to open season with Rooney first in the queue now looking for even higher wages.

For all the reasons I got called bitter growing up is pretty much all summed up in this thread. "We didn't want him anyway"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.