Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine giving minutes to this bellend over one if our own guys from academy. Absolutely mental.

Toxic scum who probably is more interested in haircuts and celebrations rather than contributing to team. I don't know what they are smoking at Etihad offices of this is true
well said

This is not entirely about Pogba, it’s something I’ve been thinking for a while…Does anyone else think that this team actually lacks a bit of ego?

We’re the greatest side in English football history and yet often appear almost embarrassed by it, overly reverential or even meek in games against big sides.

If you look at Pep’s Barcelona you had quiet hard workers like Xavi, Pedro and Iniesta but also Pique, Alves and Eto’o who would say “Yeah, we’re the best side in the planet and we’re going to show you why”. Brazil 1970, Ajax in the 70s, Milan in the 80s … they all had players who weren’t shy about being the best side in the world.

Going back to the Real first leg, after 20 minutes there seemed to be an air of “I can’t believe this is happening” among the players, and we were way too respectful of PSG and Atletico. We were overawed by the CL final last year.

Pep is brilliant but he can squash players’ personalities a bit and we have a few who seem to constantly doubt themselves despite their quality and successes. If I have one criticism of him compared to Klopp it’s that he doesn’t seem to instil the same unshakeable confidence in his players which clearly makes them play better.

You have to have the performances and quality to back it up, but a bit of swagger would be a good addition to this squad IMO and maybe the last bit missing to make them go down as one of the greatest sides of all time.
Belting post this and spot on. I love Pep, but I do often think he does get into our players negative mindset sometimes when we play certain clubs. Many a press conference before we have played teams like Bayern, Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona he seems to over emphasise their quality and how we are learning at competing with these teams.
Like you say if this transfer does happen for all his faults Pogba have the ego, belief and the balls if he is willing to cross town. Haaland too looks the same. Pogba may be toxic in a dressing room, he may also go the other way and be the difference, especially as someone who won the world Cup and scored a decent goal on the final no less. And before people lump on he has been poor for the rags. There is a difference trying to play along side Matic, Mctominy, Fred etc than playing with KDB, Foden and hopefully Haaland.

Not questioning what you're saying, but just out of curiosity, what's the source for that?
The Daily Fail. It was an interview with Moureen 12 months after he left ManUre, was looking for another job & trying to deflect from the feeling from most top clubs that he's more trouble than he's worth.

Hence Pogba was to blame for everything that happened to him at ManUre. Typically of The Fail where people of colour are concerned, no one sought to get Pogba's side of the story, but they ran with it anyway.

It seems Pogba asked ONCE to drive home from a match. ONCE! AND we don't even know why? Could someone have been sick? Might he have an engagement to attend for which he was running late?

No one has asked these questions, but yet we've got Blues quite happy to crucify him without being in receipt of the full facts. Since when did Moureen or The Fail become paragons of honestly & virtue? :-|

I've always seen Pogba as a potential Yaya. He's got incredible ability but his size makes him difficult to deal with. He's not going to be quick over 5yds but let him get going and you're going to struggle to keep up and certainly won't be able to push him off the ball. He's also able to keep the ball away from you with long arms and legs.

He's also got that ability to change a match. He did it to us when we could have won the league against them, just as Yaya did many times and as KdB does now, where they almost get fed up with everyone else not being good enough and suddenly make it look like they're playing against children as they stride across the pitch. Unfortunately, like Yaya, there will be times he'll be a passenger and I'm surprised that's something Pep would accept, but if he's keen, then that's more than good enough for me.

I do wonder about where he'd fit in and the impact, but assuming a midfield 3, currently first choice would be Rodri with KdB and Bernardo. Whilst I can't imagine wanting to bench one of those last two for him, a successful team will play about 60 games a season. Add Pogba in and each starts about 40 games a season. Maybe that would mean KdB could manage more than 70 minutes. Still think a proper back to Rodri is more critical, but I can see how it could work, especially if Gundogan is looking to move on to somewhere he could manage his injuries more easily.
I have always thought the same he has the same build as yaya, I think it is important to note that he is able to pick out passes similar to de Bruyne his passing range is unbelievable he can also get on the scoresheet. If he is able to get into a team of winners without any negativity surrounding him like he had at united he can prove to be a great player for free.
In terms of this summer ingoings are:
Haaland
Alverez
Pogba
De jong
Lodi
Potential winger if two wingers go if only one goes then we won’t need to buy
Outgoings:
Gundo
Ferna
Sterling
Maybe Jesus

This is not entirely about Pogba, it’s something I’ve been thinking for a while…Does anyone else think that this team actually lacks a bit of ego?

We’re the greatest side in English football history and yet often appear almost embarrassed by it, overly reverential or even meek in games against big sides.

If you look at Pep’s Barcelona you had quiet hard workers like Xavi, Pedro and Iniesta but also Pique, Alves and Eto’o who would say “Yeah, we’re the best side in the planet and we’re going to show you why”. Brazil 1970, Ajax in the 70s, Milan in the 80s … they all had players who weren’t shy about being the best side in the world.

Going back to the Real first leg, after 20 minutes there seemed to be an air of “I can’t believe this is happening” among the players, and we were way too respectful of PSG and Atletico. We were overawed by the CL final last year.

Pep is brilliant but he can squash players’ personalities a bit and we have a few who seem to constantly doubt themselves despite their quality and successes. If I have one criticism of him compared to Klopp it’s that he doesn’t seem to instil the same unshakeable confidence in his players which clearly makes them play better.

You have to have the performances and quality to back it up, but a bit of swagger would be a good addition to this squad IMO and maybe the last bit missing to make them go down as one of the greatest sides of all time.
Said it myself for ages,the side lacks character and personality.We have great players but a fair few are happy to pass the baton or let someone else take point.

We need bigger Gonads.

I really can't believe any city fan would want this that anywhere near our team.
Taggart got rid of him cos he's a bad apple.
He's got talent but he's a lazy prick who's only interested in his hair cut and Instagram.
Might aswell sign shinguard aswell.
Targgart never got rid of him. It was a contract dispute & Pogba stood his ground & refused to sign what was on offer. Juvé jumped whilst ManUre stood by & watched not believing Pogba would leave, & that was that. He stuck to his principles & left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.